Monday, December 20, 2004

Rare Discovery and Christmas Essay

Well, not an essay as such.

First of all, Peabody approached me today with something he was having a chuckle over, and he thought I might enjoy it. I was shocked.

It's an old still from an audition Sherman did in 1964. He tried out for what was sure to be an obscure Christmas TV Special, as a little elf who didn't want to be an elf. His character was to be called Shermey. Of course he passed the audition with flying colors, but at the last moment the producers decided to go with some unknown. And so Shermey was changed to Hermey, and I think you know the rest.

But the picture's lovely - it's my boy and Rudolph doing a little "We're A Couple Of Misfits."




I thought a little Christmas game might be in order for the few of you who are still out there. We won't put a deadline on this game, yall can play it all the way up to springtime if you like.

Let's say they're casting a Hollywood shoot of "Rudolph." Of course Rudolph and Abominable will be FX'd in later, but they'll need voices. We also need casting for Hermey, Melf (Tall Elf), Yukon Cornelius, Misfit Doll, Charlie in the Box, Elf Leader, Sam the Snowman, and of course, Santa and the Mrs.

Who are you going to cast?

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Damn, I lied. I've only seen 145 movies. I guess it's Buckwheat Groats for me this Christmas.
* It was -2 degrees here this morning. Right now it feels like -2 in the dennette. And my socks are wet from being outside.
* The Dept of Betland Security would like to announce that a pre-holiday change in the alert status has Bet as "giggly." Please don't say the phrase "Aged Pecorino Cheese" around her, the laughs will never stop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home