Tuesday, December 14, 2004

We're Better Than Having Your Foot Sawed Off

OK, so I guess if we can have Picture Sunday, and Picture Monday, we can have Soundclip Tuesday.

As I've alluded to several times in the past, Mr M and I have banded together with, well, at first, with B, to play some clarinet trios, but then with M, who plays bass clarinet, for some quartets. We'll be playing our first ever concert on Sunday afternoon, after what I feel is waaaay too few rehearsals. But I'm just one of four, and the others think a trial by fire is just what we need to get us in the spirit. The spirit of what, I'm not sure. The spirit of kamikazee clarinet playing, I suppose.

Anyway, I'm posting a couple of sound clips below. I've also been asked to post a disclaimer along with them that this is a rough recording of a rough rehearsal. In other words, when you speak of this, as I'm sure you will, please be gentle.

By the way, these are all relatively short, so never fear.

French Suite, pt 1 (Stately and Spiky)

French Suite, pt 2 (Lonely and Longing) (And Spiky)

French Suite, pt 3 (Poncing and Prancing) (And Spiky)

Entry of the Gladiators (Or of Bears Riding Motorcycles)

Thank you for not laughing.

By the way, we as yet still don't have a name. Anyone have a suggestion they'd like to throw in the pile?

Here's the list I've made so far:

* The Stiff Winds
* The Windy River Boys (gives it a little Bluegrass feel)
* The Windy Bottom Boys (gives it a different feel altogether)
* The Clari-nots
* The Clari-neats (that only works if we wear white sweaters with varsity letters on them. and maybe saddle oxfords.)
* The Clari-nuts (that's if we do only novelty tunes)
* The Clari-newts (nah, that's just creepy)
* Here Comes Treble!
* Ow! My Lips!
* Blasting With All Barrels
* We're Better Than An Enema
* The Mild Bunch
* We'll Hang For This
* Give Me Your Purse Or Die (adds a punk feel)
* Bloody Diarrhea (adds a really punk feel)
* Bloody Pyorrhea (adds a punk feel and is probably more accurate)
* Look Ma, No Brass!
* Powered By Coffee (well, that's B & I, anyway)
* Four Horns, No Waiting
* Reed This

Betland's Olympic Update:
* It's finally snowing here! It's 18 degrees and snowing big fat pretty flakes.
* I need coffee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home