Monday, January 24, 2005

Acrochallenge!

Hello, acroers and acroees. And acroites and acroettes. And welcome to another scintillating installment of Acromania.

This week's topic came to me this very frozen morning whilst I was still in the unwarmth of my bed. (I hate waking up and not being warm.) Sometime last night, before the timer on my TV went off and after I'd drifted into what I call The Twilight Zone - not really asleep, but not really awake - I could have sworn I heard the weirdest thing on CNN. I'll swear it sounded like I heard some talking head introduced as "the overeducated lawyer." Now, it may have been my hazy brain playing tricks on me, but I remember thinking at the time it was odd, and it stayed with me enough that I woke up thinking the same thing.

So this week's acrotopic is "The Disadvantages of Being Overeducated."

You know the drill, I'm supposing. Everyone gets three entries to come up with the best acronym possible that fits the above topic and matches the letters below, randomly drawn from an increasingly happy acrobasket. (Acrobasket likes feeling useful; he's like my mom.) Then tomorrow night, let's make it around 10pmish est, since "American Idol" has started again (though judging from last week, it's going to not even be fun in a "God, can you believe this crap" kind of way), I'll be judging for winners, which I'll print here.

The topic is "The Disadvantages of Being Overeducated." The letters:

L K T E O A

There you go. Now put your learned minds to the test.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* You'll love this: Tonight, along with my crabcake, for dinner I'm fixing - spinach! Not only because I have a taste for it, and it's good for the eyes (or so my optometrist says), but I'm going to use it as a bed to rest my crabcake on! Just like in the recipe cards! Can vacuuming in pearls be far behind?
* I'm just becoming addicted to the BBC America show "Bargain Hunt." I've always liked it, but lately I can't seem to get enough. I wish I had late lunch every day so I could watch it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home