Thursday, January 27, 2005

More Thank Yous and Linky McLinks

Well, I tried something new tonight. Newish, anyway. I went back to the local community band, the one I left several years ago because it was so not fun. Well, it still wasn't very fun, but I think I'll stick with it for the Spring season, because I need the playing time, and now that I've been to the first rehearsal I hate to back out. We'll see.

You know, I've said it before here many times. In fact, I've probably said it so often you're sick of hearing it. But do I care? Not a whit. I'm going to say it one more time.

I have the coolest and neatest buds on earth.

Friday, what should appear in my morning mail but a package from the dishy Michelle containing the December issue of Word magazine. The one with John Peel on the cover and a nice "photo scrapbook" spread on Glenn Tilbrook, with no less a person than Glenn himself captioning the pictures. There was also a cool interview with Robyn Hitchcock and loads of other fun stuff. I took the magazine to my Girls' Weekend and devoured it. You rock, Mitchie.

And Tuesday, what should find itself flung upon my desk but a package from the very Jellybean herself. And I'm sure you'll all be peeing-your-pants thrilled to find that inside was not, one, no, but two envelopes filled with series 3 and 7 of the recipe du jour recipe cards! Talk about your Manna from Heaven, or at least from Washington state, which I've never visited, so for all I know they could be just the same. A million thanks, 'Bean, and you'll be seeing the fruits of your kindness for weeks to come.

Wow - two Care Packages all in one week.

Now, we must take time to get to the Linky McLinks.

Remember my Antiques Roadshow Picture Sunday from a couple of weeks ago?

Well, I was flutzing around on ebay the other night looking for anything and everything, and just on a whim I started doing doll searches. And you'll never believe what I found.

I found this.

And then, I found this!

Well, imagine my giddy swirling fountain of happiness.

However, as if that weren't enough, I hit the motherlode. I found something else. Unfortunately, the bastards at ebay took it offline this morning so I can't link it, but someone had the pair for sell. The boy and girl. Bids at 9.99 US dollars. That increases those stupid Betland Antitues Roadshow hacks' estimate by $9.92.

I'm rich!! I'm rich!!

Betland's Olympic Update:
* I'm telling anyone who'll listen. As I write this, I'm videotaping my current passion, the documentary "Dig!" Sundance is showing it one more time. Now I'll have it for all eternity. Until I watch it so much the tape breaks. That's why I'm making Mr M burn it onto a dvd for me.
* Anyone glad the weekend's coming. I sure as hell am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home