Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Thank You For Your Support

So, I spent all damn day today at a TheCompanyIWorkFor business meeting. I wasn't supposed to be there.

The new rule in '05 was that there's one meeting a month, 3 staff people in our office, and we rotate who goes (it should tell you something about these weaselfests that people would rather actually go to work than get a day off to go to a meeting). My first one was scheduled for March, but Miss January's car is out of comission, so I was elected to be The New Miss January.

I had to get up before dawn to get ready in time to leave for the almost 90 minute trip. I was powered by a strong jumbo cup of coffee, and made it in time, even if a little dizzy upon arrival.

It was boring. To say this meeting was boring was an insult to everything boring on earth. We didn't even get a good lunch out of it, just turkey sandwiches, which I dissected, rolled the turkey up, and at it like a little taco.

However, I did get a little something done during the meeting. It was a three-pen day.




I was feeling brickish.

Upon dismissal from the boredom that was the meeting, I decided to take the long way home and go to Fort C, where my sister had told me there was a bigass Merrell sale on. She was right. I got two pairs for $100, so I felt that was definitely worth 45 miles out of my way.

Finally got home and - oh, wait. You guys want acrowinners, don't you?

Well, acrowinners you shall have. And how heartening to find 7 enterers this week (Kellie couldn't connect via comments, so she sent me an e-mail).

The letters were I V A W M. The topic, "Acro! Man! Where ya been?" And here are the winners of the week:

* Honorable Mention: Michelle, with "I Vapidly Acroed With Men."
* First Runner-Up: Venice, with "I Voted. Assholes Won. Merde!"
* Winner: DeepFatFriar, with "In Vietnam, Avoiding Waves, Man."

Wonderful entries from everyone, and thanks for playing again. I mean that.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Current Music Match playlist? "Get Right With God," Lucinda Williams, "San Antonio Girl," Lyle Lovett, "Sweet Little Blossom of Mine," Henry Phillips, "The Biggest Ball of Twine In Minnesota," Weird Al, "The Galaxy Song," Monty Python, "All Right Now," Free, "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap," AC/DC, "You Shook Me All Night Long," AC/DC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home