Monday, February 21, 2005

Acrochallenge!

Dang, where does the time go? I'm late with Acromania yet again!

Mondays. Mondays, Mondays, Mondays. Some of you bastards didn't have to work today, and for that fact I am truly resentful. A coffeeless day and a bad mattress had left me at work, with a headache and a backache. Then I had to go shopping afterwards. Where's the Calgon tub when you need it?

But I wanted to get this week's acro up and going. I told you I'd be trying something new, and let's do it and see what happens. If you don't like it, remember, it was all Mr M's idea.

This is going to be a State Acro. I pick a state for you, and the acro topic will be to acro about the state. Now, the rule is, though, that if the first letter of the state comes up in the acro, you can not use the name of the state. Like if it's Alabama and an "A" comes up, you can't use "Alabama" as your "A" word. This is starting to sound like a car trip game, isn't it.

So we'll start out easy. The state you're acroing about is California.

All the rest of the rules are the same. Everyone has three entries to come up with the best acronyms they can that match not only the topic, but the letters below, which are drawn from Ms. Acrobasket. I'll judge around 10pm est tomorrow night, and the winners will be in a state of bliss, while the losers shall be in a state of misery, and yes, folks, I'm as embarrassed to have written that pun as you are to have read it.

So our topic is California. The letters:

R S O I F A

And there you go.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* "American Idol" has started in earnest. Let the losing begin!
* I can't believe no one pointed out to me that in yesterday's recipe du jour, I apparently gave Louis a sex change, calling him Louisa not once but twice. Shame upon me. It's a very feminine dish, though. I mean, not that I'm intimating anything or anything....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home