Monday, February 28, 2005

Acrochallenge!

Yeah, you thought I forgot, didn't you? Well, I didn't. I was just finishing up a movie.

Welcome one and all to another pee-your-pants-with-excitement round of Acromania. This week we're going "old news." Everyone knows the Oscars were last night. There were a couple of watchable moments, but no surprises, no wild people, no, well, no fun. But this week's topic is gonna be "The Oscars." You can comment on who won, who didn't win, the show, or just the award itself.

Everyone gets three entries to come up with the best acronyms they can that match the topic and the letters below, which are randomly drawn from a very dramatic acrobasket. I'll judge around 10pm est tomorrow night, and the winners may give acceptance speeches. However, if the losers just sit there smiling and clapping like they don't care, they will be shot.

So the topic is "The Oscars." The letters are:

A K B E N

So what are you waiting for, Christmas? Start acroing!

Betland's Olympic Update:
* An Oscar note: does the academy think there's only one singer in showbiz now and it's Beyonce? I mean, shit, three songs of the five? Then again, the non-Beyonces were an embarrassingly aging Counting Crows (as I read someone write today, "When did Sideshow Bob join the Counting Crows?") and poor old Antonio Banderas butchering that nice song from "Motorcycle Diaries." I'm so glad the winner sang a few lines of it himself. I hope he meant it as a "fuck you" to the producers of the show.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog you have. I have a clarinet repertoire intermediate
related site. Check it out if you get a chance. The URL is clarinet repertoire intermediate

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent blog, i really like it. I also have a site about easy online clarinet music
. If you are interested, please visit it here: easy online clarinet music

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home