Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Acrowinners and Tuesday Thoughts

Well, I write tonight with a load off my mind. We had B'field Community Band practice tonight, and - I turned in my music at the end of it! I'm free and untethered! I was starting to stress over it, because our Spring Concert music for the B'burg band is quite hard this year and I've made a promise to myself I'm going to tackle it head on and play it the best I can.

Then when I got word that they scheduled the B'field Spring Concert on a night I won't be available, it was the flashing red exit light I needed. I turned in my music, so no more stress about that. Guilt maybe, but no stress.

Well, guess what. It seems that the real and actual Coronation is indeed tomorrow. My brand new gold tooth is in and I shall be crowned around 9:30am. If you want to be there in person, just head down Rt 460 and look for the banners and marching bands; if you can't, I think live coverage starts on CNN around 8:45 or so.

I'll be expecting my presidential phone call around 10:30 - I'll be calling him a bastard and hanging up on him around 10:31.

Finished watching "The Amazing Race" tonight - those shitty models Freddy and Kendra won. They were one of the "baby" couples. With two couples, everything was "baby" - "Come on, baby," "You're doing great, baby," "You can do it, baby," "You're my hero, baby," and et cetera till you want to perform a human sacrifice. I feel akin to Franz Liebkind in "The Producers." "Vat is vit dis 'baby?' Der Fuhrer never said 'baby.'" (By the way I'm not a Nazi though, like Franz. I spit on Nazis' filthy graves. Baby.)

Other than that, my neck hurts today. Must be the pleurisy.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* We have acrowinners!
Honorable mentions go to Kellie, with "Definite Ego. Attracts Nymphs. Ignores Basses," and LilyG with "Damned eggheads. Always nattering in Bb."
Runner up goes to Flipsycab, with "Dizzying, enigmatic arrangements naively involving bassoons."
And winner this week, Mike, with "Definitely egotistical, and none into BR5-49."
Thanks to all who played, you've all done very well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home