Tuesday, February 01, 2005

It Can't Just Be Tuesday

Yes, so I know I'm a nattering nabob of negativism. Tell me something new.

But sometimes it even gets a little much for me.

Something happens to me every once in a while that brings me back, and it's generally when I say the line that makes me wince. I said it today.

After working in an office with half the staff, wrangling with computer problems and the fact that I wasn't given all the steps to do something I was supposed to do and subsequently failing, fighting traffic all over town to pay some bills, wrangling with our crazy doctor client and his crazy doctor friend who, well, who are both so crazy there's really no wrangling with them without going crazy oneself, I found myself saying it.

"God, I hate this day. I hate this day!"

Then I felt bad. I feel bad damning a whole day. How do I know what may lie ahead? It may get better, my life may be suddenly saved from the Jaws of Death. So I tried to reign myself in.

And after suffering through the afternoon, it happened. A phone call from the nephew to thank me for the birthday present, and to talk about stuff going on in the life of a 16-year old. And of all the things I stuck in his birthday bag (including a wad of cash), what did he rave about the most but a handful of bumper stickers I had lying around and slid into his birthday card. Kids.

Then it was home, then to visit my beautiful and strong-handed pedicurist, and back home to watch "The Amazing Race." I knew it would be a non-elimination round.

In another wrong move, I had a few minutes free at work and went back and read some of my old blogs. Some of the really old ones, from back in 2003. You know, back when I was talented. I don't know where it went, but someone out there has it and is blogging with the wit I used to have.

Oh, and I think I have a raging case of pleurisy. More on this story as it develops or I am diagnosed, whichever comes first.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* We have Acrowinners! Very good entries this week. Very hard to judge.
Honorable Mention: We have two - Mike's "Thoughtful, Reflective Yachtsman," and Michelle's "Tazizzle Razissle Yazizizzle"
Runner-Up: Flipsycab's "Tricktickler Reverend Yesilicious"
Winner: For the 2d week, LilyG with "Tre Rude, Yo"
Thanks everyone, for playing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home