Sunday, February 27, 2005

Picture Sunday

OK, so I'm sitting here watching the Oscars, which so far has pretty much sucked ass. But I wasn't expecting anything less, so I won't go into a big diatribe about it.

Now, may I just thank everyone who wished me well upon my birthday. I love my buds.

I had a nice day, went to B'burg, hung around with Mr M, went out for a while shopping, then went out to dinner with the self-same Mr M, plus M from clarinet qua - sorry, trio, and her parents, L and my new buddy E.

You know, it's funny, sometimes evenings aren't what you're planning on them being, and they turn out to be such pleasant experiences. Sitting around the table having Indian and giggling was just such an evening. Then it was back to Mr M's, where we watched a movie ("Still Crazy," a movie I'd been wanting him to see for some time, I'm not sure why), played clarinets, and where I indulged in a little celebratory Goldschlager. This is why I'm glad Stenns decided against an Oscar drinking game this year - just couldn't take it two nights in a row.

And so, without furter ado, and folks, you're going to be seeing more pictures of me than you ever cared to, I promise, may I present Picture Sunday - The Birthday Edition.

First of all, it's not a party unless you bring the gang. So what would my birthday be without S, P, Huckie, Mr Peanut, Gossamer, and my little good luck doll Lily (who Gossamer ate on the way home).



Then it was the time for a "me getting drunk" picture. There've been a fair share of those, sitting on that same couch at Poderosa East. This was about glass #2.


And in case you're wondering, my shot glass says, yep, wait for it - "Fuck Off, It's My Birthday."

The night wouldn't have been complete without a picture of me and my best bud, though.



And look who snuck in, unbeknownst to us. That Mr Peanut, he's a card, isn't he?

Finally, a little photo of some of my birthday swag. The beautiful roses were from my friend M, her mom E gave me a Blockbuster card so I can rent just what I want, and earlier in the day, Mr M told me to pick out any CD I'd want, and I couldn't think of anything so I opted for a Napster card. I'll just download a various amount of stuff with it.



And that concludes the "My Birthday" photo essay.

And how odd is it that this week's recipe du jour should be - a bigass cake! I didn't have any myself, didn't miss it a bit, but here's a very white Walnut Cake.



OK, first of all, the person who made this cake doesn't know how to frost very well. And second of all, this picture looks very evil to me. There's Big Evil Cake, getting ready to try to take over the world with his minions of Little Chocolate Cupcakes. "Go! Go rot their teeth and give them sugar highs, and I'll take over EVERYTHING!"

There's no serving suggestions here, but really, when you have a bigass evil cake and his cupcake minions, you don't need anything else, do you?

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* OK, Jeremy Irons has had the line of the night so far: "I hope they missed."
* And speaking of the line of the night, Mr M had the line of the weekend. I was (as I do) watching women's gymnastics on TV. The girls were doing the floor exercise, and as one girl was out there flipping and flying, Mr M said: "I've got a great idea for a new sport. Combine women's gymnastics with skeet shooting."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home