Monday, March 14, 2005

Acrochallenge!

Hello to the washed and the unwashed, the saved and the unsaved, and all those in between. Time for another my-house-is-a-total-mess-because-I'm-trying-to-reorganize-it-so-what-the-hell-am-I-doing-online-putting-up-this-blog round of Acromania!

This week we're trying for another state acro. And because the state chosen is Ohio, we've brought in a special guest judge. Well, he's a guest judge. You can decide for yourselves whether or not he's special. That little old native of Ohio himself, Mr M, will judge.

Remember the state acro rules. You may use any acro you like that pertains in any way to the selected state. There's only one rule - if the state's first letter shows up (like an "o" this week) you may not use the state's name for that letter. Why that rule is in there I don't know. It's just like that weird rule in "The Name Game" about "if the first two letters are ever the same, you drop them both and say the name." Damn, that really clouded up that song, didn't it?

Anyway, everyone gets three acronyms apiece to try and come up with their best work. Also remember that our letters come to us courtesy of the trusty acrobasket. Tomorrow night at about 10pm est Mr M will be judging and wickedly ruining the lives of some of you, all with a maniacal laugh.

This week's topic is "Ohio." The letters:

G A F R L D

Damn. That almost spells Garfield. Actually, it almost spells Gafrield.

Well, back to the cleaning. I'm building shelves.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Speaking of building, I put together and hung my over-the-door shoe rack last night. Imagine my surprise to learn I was harboring 41 pairs of shoes in my tiny closet floor. Not bragging, or complaining. I just had no idea that after the last Big Shoe Giveaway I still had that many pairs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home