Sunday, March 27, 2005

(Warning: Tonight's Picture Sunday contains a photo not for the squeamish. Two, if you count the recipe du jour.)

Picture Sunday

Hello, my Easter weekend friends. Mine went way too fast, mostly owing to the fact that I completely fucking wasted my Friday off (spent most of it in the chair dozing), and also to the fact that this weekend was the big cabinet paint.

With three people (for most of it, ESP had to leave early), 10 hours, and part of the prep work done by me earlier in the week, we still didn't complete the task. There was just a lot to do. Doors, mainly. I currently have no doors on my cabinets, paint splatters all over the floor and countertops, and many of the contents of my kitchen sitting in my living room floor.

Now, having said that, and I think that above paragraph made it sound like the Cabinet Thing was also a waste, we got a lot of work done and more importantly, I really think I'm going to like the new look. It's just that I have no before and after pics tonight, and won't till next Picture Sunday.

Saturday night I was mildly depressed over the incomplete "upheaval" state of my house - today, I'm not that bothered. It's not as bad as I was first telling myself, and besides, I live in squalor a good deal of the time anyway. I shall survive.

Mr M, bless his heart (and shoulder and back, which are currently about to explode), did the brunt of the work. ESP and I did lots of the primer work, and some painting as well. But everything is taking two to three coats, hence the amount of time. And those damn doors. 13 doors doesn't seem like many, but when you have no place to put them when they're drying, it's, well, it's a little disconcerting.

So the only painting picture I have for tonight is of the two boys. Let's call this one "Sherman Likes To Paint."



Such a good boy he is. I keep telling you that. This is a good boy. He's a mother's angel!

Music played during the painting - vinyl: "What'd I Say," Ray Charles, "East Side Story," Squeeze, CDs: "Clinch Mountain Sweethearts," Ralph Stanley and various women, and "Marches and Fanfares," by a lot of really loud wind ensembles. (The circus music really got us painting.)

Without further ado, the next picture, not for the squeamish, is simply titled "Nerves."



I guess I won't be happy till I have no skin left along any of my hairline. Oh well, a little Neosporin and some face powder make me look like I have skin when I have to go out in public.

Our last picture tonight, again, many kudos to Mr M for. I have my form of art (scant though it might be), and he has his. Some of examples of which can be viewed in the Galerie. But this is by far his most brilliant work to date, and I'm proud to publish it for you here tonight. This is entitled, one small step for S, one giant leap for cartoon kind, "AstroSherman."



I mean, brilliant doesn't quite describe it. I'm kvelling here.

Finally, this week's recipe du jour. And I don't know about yall, but to me nothing says "unabashed happiness and contentment" like potatoes wrapped in bread. So may I present to you Petit Potato Pastries.



Sure, they look like little bagels. And well, that's kind of just what they are. Mashed taters and onion (or as we say here in the country, "hunion") cooked inside some pastry. It's a starch-fest for the whole family! Oh well, at least they didn't spell "potato" with an "e" on the end. And at least they're not Petit Potato Pasties. Although, if you look at them, they could actually be used in that capacity.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Pbbbbt - that sound you hear is me bowing out of the office college basketball pool. My final team, Kentucky, went down like the Titanic. Well, I'm supposing, I hate basketball and refuse to watch it, even though I have money at stake.
* I rented "The Incredibles" over the weekend, and quite liked it, even though it wasn't really what I was expecting it to be. However, even if you've seen it, it's still worth a rent simply for the bonus short "Jack-Jack Attack." It's funnier than anything in the movie.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog you have. I have a student bass clarinets
related site. Check it out if you get a chance. The URL is student bass clarinets

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent blog, i really like it. I also have a site about clarinet e concerto
. If you are interested, please visit it here: clarinet e concerto

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home