Monday, April 18, 2005

Acrochallenge!

Hello lads and lasses, hims and hers, boys and girls, and everyone in between, and I think we all know who we are, right? It's time for another Oh-Joy-Monday's-Finally-Over round of Acromania!

Well, aren't I just the little accomplisher this week? The cabinets are done, the faucet is in, the movie list is updated, and in a stunning move, yes, I finally managed to file my state income taxes. I've been hedging and hedging on them. I got the federals done around the 23d of March, but just couldn't make myself go the extra mile and do the states. (We have till May 1st here.) And it's just plain dumb, because I'm getting a refund. I just wasn't ready for the hassle.

So tonight I girded my loins and hit the computer to e-file. It took a total of 16 minutes. Totally quick and painless and not a single tear shed. Boy, don't I feel silly. Then again, when do I not feel silly?

So in honor of me, this week's acrotopic shall be, "And Why Are We So Afraid of Taxes?" Lots of possibilities there, as people can be afraid of anything they want for any reason they want. This is almost like a freebie!

The rules are the same as always. Everyone gets three entries to come up with the best acronym they can that matches the topic and the letters, which are drawn from a recently audited acrobasket. (He often cheats on his taxes, doesn't declare the true letter values and such.) I'll be judging tomorrow night at about 10pm est, and announcing the winners, who'll be rewarded with large refund checks, and losers, who'll be sent directly to debtor's prison.

So remember, the topic is, "And Why Are We So Afraid of Taxes?" The letters:

R P O B E

Wow. When you rearrange those letters you get "probe." Which is exactly what the Tax People do. Eerie.

Now, start itemizing!

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Imagine my shock and horror when I turned on an old episode of "The Avengers" today and saw Steed and Emma Peel sucking each other's faces off. Was there something between them I hadn't known about? Turns out it was all a harmless farce when their personalities were switched with another couple's in a homemade mind-meld machine. Ohhh, that. That happens to me all the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home