Monday, April 25, 2005

Acrochallenge!

Welcome to everyone, that's everyone in the world, yes, all of you are welcome right here to come to my blog for another pee-your-pants-with-excitement round of Acromania!

This week's topic was inspired by something I saw on TV Friday. As you know, one of my two great TV pleasures (along with BBC America's "Cash In The Attic") is BBCAmerica's "Bargain Hunt." Two teams of two get £200 and an hour at a flea market, buy some stuff, then it goes into auction and they see if they can make a profit on their investments. It seldom happens, but when it does it's orgasmic excitement, let me tell you.

Well, Friday one of the teams was a husband and wife. David, the host, was asking the husband about his hobbies, one of them was collecting old and rare whiskeys, and the other was playing the bagpipes. So David said, "Come on, give us a sample," and the guy produces his pipes and starts the wind.

And let me tell you. It was bad, even for the bagpipes. So after about 12 seconds of this atonal air, during which David had his hands over his ears, David says to the guy, "I think you should stick with the whiskey."

And the look on this man's face was priceless. It was - well, I don't know. It was a combination of shock, hurt, and anger that almost would have made me cry had it not been so funny. He never got to reply, they just cut away and straight into the game.

So this week's topic is, "What Did That Bagpipe Player Want To Reply?"

The other rules are the same, everyone gets three entries to try and come up with the perfect acro to this week's topic that also matches the letters below, drawn from a rather windy himself acrobasket. He's Scotch, you know. I'll be judging tomorrow night around 10pm est, and the winners will not get to make a speech. However, the losers will have a chance to tell me exactly what they think, a chance the man on TV never got.

The topic is "What Did That Bagpipe Player Want To Reply?" The letters:

E D A R O D

"Amazing Grace," anybody? Or would you rather just acro?

Betland's Olympic Update:
* I've spent a very cold and windy evening watching the nephew play baseball. May I just make the following announcement: His team sucks. He's OK, but his team sucks. There, I've gotten that off my chest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home