Thursday, April 28, 2005

Ouch

It's been what we call in the vernacular one of those days.

There I was enduring an excruciatingly boring day at TheCompanyIWorkFor. And so I did what I normally do under such circumstances. I hit the internet.

Remember how I blogged about (and read about on the radio, no less) TheCompanyIWorkFor and their "restricted" sites? You know, the ones that give you the Red Screen of Death - "Attention! This site is restricted and you can not access it, and furthermore, we now know you've tried to be here and we're telling on you, nanny nanny poo poo." Or words to that effect.

Well, guess what's now restricted by those TheCompanyIWorkFor bastards? Blogger sites!

No more checking my comments, no more "Query Letters I Love," no more "Random Dumb Thoughts," no more "Bitterspice," no more "Flipsycab," no more "Squeeze Reader."

How can I work under these conditions?? Bastards! Bastards all!

After what seemed to be a 12-hour day, finally the pteradactyl crowed and we all slid down the brontosaurus's tail. And we were all finally happy and cheery as we walked out the back door and to our cars.

That's when I got into my car, started it up, backed out, and *crashbangptooooie!* I was ass to ass with another car.

Another car driven by Kath, who works with me.

It was just one of those things. I was backing out turning left, she was backing out turning right, neither of us saw the other, and whammo. She was in Miss Amigo, so her only damage was a tear to her wheel cover. The trusty stalwart podmobile wasn't quite so lucky.


Ouch indeed. (Right you are!)

Well, in the grand scheme of things I'm sure it could have been a lot worse, and I handled it exquisitely, seeing as how it was my buddy and half my fault, and we both just said, "Well, fuck" simultaneously and laughed a lot. Look at that red piece of tail light on my bumper. It stayed there the whole way home!

Anyway, that pretty much sums up my Wednesday.

Betland's Olympic Update:

* Home from band and now heading to watch the tape delay of "American Idol." Paula seemed to sober up this week, guess the gossip's gotten to her. She even criticized two people last night. I liked her better stoned, when she almost fell off her chair.

* Folks, I just need to make an announcement here: My kitchen floor is clean. No, I mean clean. I spent Tuesday night on my hands and knees scrubbing it with amonia water. It's amazing. I'd always thought the graying of the linoleum was just age. Boy, was I wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home