Monday, May 30, 2005

Acrochallenge!

Hello, welcome to the end of the weekend, happy Memorial Day, and get ready for acromania!

This week's acro is going to be hard. I've already decided. See, as evidenced by my update of yesterday (thanks for the nice Stetson comment, I'll pass it along), I watched an episode of a TV show last night that took me right back to 1978. It was so nice that when I got in the car today I got out my "Armed Forces" CD and popped it in, for the express purpose of hearing "Two Little Hitlers." Then it went on to "What's So Funny About Peace Love and Understanding," "Accidents Will Happen," "Oliver's Army," and I got to thinking about how this album changed my life.

Now, I know when someone says something changed his/her life, and it wasn't God or Jesus or Scientology, people tend to believe it's a gross exaggeration. But in my case, "Armed Forces" changed my life. See, it was at the exact point I heard that album that I realized that until then, everything I liked had been total and complete shit and that everything I was going to like in the future was going to be completely different, new and exciting. And it was. And it changed my life.

Also couple that with the fact that not six months later was when I saw that picture in my art book of Marcello riding the girl in "La Dolce Vita," and, well, the new me had come out and old me had been discarded in the wastebasket for good.

So tonight's acrotopic is, "It Changed My Life."

The other rules are as always. Everyone gets three entries to come up with the best acronym they can that matches the topic and the letters below, which are drawn from the friendly acrobasket. Boggle changed his life, btw. Then I'll be judging around 10pm est tomorrow night, and the winners will be new people, and the losers will be their old selves.

So the topic this week is "It Changed My Life." The letters:

H W R G

To the acromobile!

Betland's Olympic Update:
* The other night I happened upon "Edward Scissorhands" on cable. Now, it's a movie I like quite a lot anyway, but of course, my husband to be Alan F Arkin is also in it, so I sat and watched from beginning to end. I'd forgotten about one scene in the movie, which I'm convinced is 20 or seconds of the sweetest adorableness put on film. That's where Edward has run away and is sitting dejectedly on the curb. Then up beside him lopes a sheepdog. Edward looks over at it, reaches out, cuts it some bangs, the doggie kisses him, and trots off. That's just priceless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home