Sunday, May 15, 2005

Picture Sunday

Helloooo.

I'm sliding in quietly to fulfill my contractual obligations of Picture Sunday. I was a bad girl yet again, leaving for the weekend without remembering to grab my camera, but I'll improvise.

Saturday was my second Sauerkraut Band concert in as many weeks, and this one - though in a completely different way - was as chaotic as the first. In fact, so much was involved, I'll think I'll save it for a separate blog in a day or two. I will tell you it rained a lot and my hair turned into a Brillo Pad.

It rained today too, thus ending my dreams of another Sunday bike ride. We tried to wait out the weather, but, as it often does, the weather won.

And before I print the first picture tonight, may I just say to those of you nice enough to leave comments in Friday's blog, there's no way I can tell you the remark that cracked me up at the luncheon. See, the fact that the number 69 was mentioned had absolutely nothing to do with it. I could probably have brought myself to tell had it just been a smutty double entendre, but it was something completely else. Just imagine yourselves in that great old cartoon from Mad Magazine that convinces us that it's actually better to bleep out dirty words on TV, because the words you imagine for the bleeps are always dirtier and better than what the real words were. ("And I said, "&#($&@(!" )

OK, so here's my new present. Mr M and I found yet another unbelievable item on Ebay in the S & P department. He was kind enough to keep bidding till he got it for me. Rocky and Bullwinkle Colorforms, anyone?



Great Box. Bullwinkle looks to be doing the frug, Sherman looks to be doing the limbo, and Peabody looks to be Morris dancing. And all the pieces are there - they're just very old and have some stickability issues.


Thanks, Mr M!

And now let's get right to the recipe du jour so I can wash a few dishes and call it an early night.

It's the dish that's soup but so much more, Gazpacho!


Wow. Look at that tablecloth. You know, that would be the perfect tablecloth for The Pod's kitchen, it has the right colors. But beyond that, let's look at the soup. Looks like Campbell's Cream of Tomato to me, but of course the telling shot there is the bowl taking its own personal icy sitz bath.

It's odd, because the soup is set up almost like a side dish there; the real stars on this card are the avacados. Sure, the card says to serve the Gazpacho with stuffed avacados, but these are all different, as if they were the result of some "avacado bar" set up in the kitchen. And for some reason when I look at those avacados arranged there, all I see are John, Paul, George, and Ringo.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:

* OK, In the past two or so weeks I've seen "Catch 22," "The In-Laws (had seen it)," "Wait Until Dark," "The In-Laws (this time with the commentary track)," and then watched "The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter," thus sealing my undying love of Alan Arkin. But I mainly mentioned all that just to say that if you're as big a fan of "The In-Laws" as I am (and I know most of you out there are), please watch the commentary track at least once; it's really funny, enjoyable, and tells you things you'll be happy to know about the movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home