Sunday, May 29, 2005

Picture Sunday or Stetson Sunday

Hello to all my friends.

I'm currently enjoying the laziest weekend on record, well, at least on record for a long time here in Betland. I made the decision to blow off the band concert tomorrow morning (screw patriotic music), and have spent Friday night, Saturday, and today doing fuck-all. And loving it. And you know what I have on tap for tomorrow? Fuck-all.

Well, a major occurrence in the life of an aunt Friday. I became a proud owner of a new CD by none other than The Stetsons. As we all know, because I won't shut up about it, The Nephew is drummer and founding member. Now, see, I just think it's beyond cool that some high school kids would not only form a band, but write some songs of their own, record them, then go about the business of making their very own CD that they can sell to family and friends.

OK, so there's one part of that that's not so cool - it should be, "making their very own CD that they can give to family and sell to friends." But remember, teenage boys. Gas money. Date money. Expense of having the CD made money. No one got off free on this one. Even their mothers had to pay up front.

Anyway, once the recording was done, it was sent away and turned into a real CD with a cover, photos, disc artwork and everything. And when I say "everything," I mean it even came in shrinkwrap. I think Taytie was prouder of the shrinkwrap than anything else.

And so may I just share the Stetson love here with a cover of their CD.



Ahh, a night-time photo taken from the top of East River Mountain. Just in case you're wondering what the hell it is. And if you are, you're not alone, because I had to be told, and I live here.

And to share more Stetson love, how about the inside cover.



And because, and let's face it folks, there's so much Stetsons love to share, as a special added bonus for you all, and try not to pee your pants with excitement over this, let's share the ultimate Stetsons love by giving you a chance to listen to the guys.

Now, I did ask permission before doing this. And as a disclaimer of sorts, well, not so much a disclaimer as a warning, because of webspace concerns, this may not be up here permanently. So listen while you can.

This is Track Six, also known as "I Find."

I Find

And may I just say at this point a big thanks to Mr M, upon whose site this has been uploaded. I'm perilously close to going over my webspace allocations, and no song would go to my site. He volunteered, thus giving me back my will to live. I thank you, and The Stetsons thank you. (And my intentions were to get my two favorites, the above and another song, "D," both up here, but poor "D" just doesn't seem to want to upload correctly. Maybe Mr M's out of webspace, too. Oh, well, if you want more, you'll just have to buy the CD. Like a family member.)

And finally, after a long day in the recording studio, what do a promising local band like The Stetsons like to help them relax and unwind? Well, if I were them, I'd surely be thinking about Swordfish with Pineapple Chunks!



Yeah, I can just see that one backstage at Madison Square Garden.

I guess the main question about this week's recipe du jour is, "Why in the hell would anyone want to put pineapple chunks on swordfish?" If you can answer it, you win the golden prize. Which, incidentally, is a tray of swordfish with pineapple chunks. Along with a myriad of other prizes, steamed zucchini, noodle pudding, and creamy cheese pie, which happen to be the serving suggestions on the recipe card. Noodle pudding - mmmmm.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* I watched, for the very first time tonight, the TV show "Cold Case Files." The episode did a lot of flashing back to 1978. During the episode I got to hear "Accidents Will Happen," "Cruel To Be Kind," "I Wanna Be Sedated," "What's So Funny About Peace Love and Understanding," and a song by the Cars that I can't remember the name of.
* The tray those swordfish and pineapple chunks are on looks really rusted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home