Sunday, May 08, 2005

Picture Sunday

Well, hello one and all, here it is on time and in all its glory, Picture Sunday.

Nice weekend.

Mr M, as of Saturday, became the only person I know with 3 Masters Degrees. Well, the only person that I know of. He didn't go to the graduation ceremonies, but really, when it's your third, I guess you've got them all memorized by then.

Instead we did something a lot more fun. Something I've been planning to do for weeks now with Mr M's expertise, and it finally came to pass. Yes, readers, Your Humble Blogger is now the proud owner of a brand new bike!



Ha! I'll bet you all thought I was going to say "dog," didn't you?

True to "me" form, after testing it, buying it, signing the registrations, getting a kickstand and a water bottle holder put on it, we carried it out to the car and it immediately started to rain upon our precious heads.

Then Saturday night we had something of a little celebration. ESP wanted to take us out to dinner but couldn't get the reservations we wanted, and so Mr M said he actually would like to cook. So ESP said she'd buy the groceries if he'd make the food - so Mr M made lamb chops, spinach, and his famous $21 salad. (Which used to be called the $13 salad before inflation.) It was absolutely wonderful from beginning to end, the end being some fried apples which he altered a small portion of to make them sugar-free for lil' ol me.

Then today after a little Mother's Day shopping (yes, I left that a little late too), we put the new podcycle to use and rode one of the bike trails in B'burg. I only had to push my bike twice - up two killer hills, and one of them I actually made it about 2/3 up before I started going more backward than forward. But hey, my first ride in about 15 years? That's not bad.

The trail went all over creation, and though Mr M said we only went about 3/8 of a mile, he's totally full of it. I walk a mile and if that was only a mile I'm Queen Elizabeth. I'm sure we went fifteen, sixteen miles today. Well, OK. Maybe two.

Then it was Mexican and I had to hit the road back home.

And since I don't have any more pictures from the weekend, I thought I'd throw in one of one of the bracelets I made last weekend. This is the one that's supposed to stop me from tearing the skin off my face. As you'll notice, it's red. Red for no. Has red stopped me doing it? No. Not yet, anyway.



Geez, is that a big wrist. You know, you all have seen more pictures of my hands and wrists to last you your whole lifetimes, haven't you? So let's look at someone else's wrist. Let's look at a chicken's wrist, because this week's recipe du jour is Paella!



Well, you know, other than the ghostly white shrimp, this one doesn't look too bad. I mean, the salad's pretty lame and they burned the bread, but hell, so would I, right?

And once again, they've left the dessert off the card, but since it's Angel Food Cake, I can see why. One of the most boring desserts in history.

Actually, what makes me giggle on this one is the folded napkin. Beside the whole pot of Paella. It looks like that's someone's serving.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Two simple questions: how did I miss seeing "Catch-22" all these years, and how cool is Alan Arkin?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home