Monday, June 06, 2005

Acrochallenge!

Good evening everyone, and welcome to another pass-the-smelling-salts-I've-gotten-excited-enough-to-get-The-Vapors round of Acromania.

I caught a snippet of something on TV yesterday. It was on AMC, which is odd, because I haven't seen anything on AMC in well over a year. But it had an interesting name, like "Beep" or "Bleep" or something, and it was about censorship. Censorship of a very specific kind.

Did you all know that there are people out there snipping the shit out of movies and then selling them to the general public as "Family Friendly?" And I don't just mean they're snipping out the "fucks" and the scenes of men's naked dingles blowing in the breeze. They're snipping for content, they're snipping for anything. They snipped a dead body out of "Saving Private Ryan" because its insides were, well, not exactly inside, and a scene in "Traffic" where a girl resorts to prostitution to buy drugs. Like you do.

I must admit this all shocked the bejeesus out of me. I just had no idea this sort of thing was going on. To me, DVDs are for adding material! Adding "fucks" and men's naked dingles blowing in the breeze that the studio wouldn't let you add to the theatrical release. They're for the "uncut" versions, with "deleted scenes and materials."

No big surprise here that The Directors of Hollywood are more than a little pissed about all this, and I can't say I blame them a bit. I've always thought there's a much better method of editing films with dodgy content. Don't watch them. And don't tell me you don't know about the content - you're expecting to see "Saving Private Ryan" with no dead bodies in it?

The Editors of Morality. Hoo boy.

And I guess that brings us to Acro. How about this week's topic of - "It Was Edited Out of My DVD!"

All the rules are the same. Everyone gets 3 entries to come up with the best acronym they can that matches not only the topic, but the letters below, which are drawn from an unedited (and he has quite the dirty mind, too) acrobasket. Then I'll be judging at around 10pm est tomorrow, and the winners will get to give a speech. Provided it meets with my standards and practices.

So this week's topic is "It Was Edited Out of My DVD!" The letters:

N E W I H N

Now.......go!

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Just so you won't worry about me, today I got Cheetos, coffee creamer, coffee, protein bars, and, and try to hold back your excitement, a small jar of pickle relish. God, I live on the edge.
* I'm movieless tonight. Not even the edited-all-to-hell kind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home