Thursday, June 02, 2005

Catching Up

I have a theory, which is mine. (Sorry, the Ms Anne Elk joke always makes me laugh.)

Here's my theory about holidays. They're great. No mistaking that at all. However, has anyone else found that weeks that begin with a Monday holiday are about 3 times as long as regular weeks? It makes no sense. They should be short; they should be a breeze. I mean, your Monday's right out of the way! But no, Tuesday and The Rest drag like a snail doing the backstroke through molasses.

So today, since there was a small lull in the action at TheCompanyIWorkFor, I spent a lot of time catching up. I had stacks of papers everywhere that needed tending to, and by damn, by 4:30 or so, I'd gotten through all of them. So I'll start off Friday clean.

Therefore, I thought I'd also do a little catching up blog-wise as well.

First of all, I got a total of four nice Stetsons comments. Be assured I'm passing them all on to the guys.

Also, re LilyG's comment, yep, I hate to admit it, but I do in fact dig Rachael Ray. There are things about her that really get up my nose, mainly that she uses the same phrases over and over till you want to puke ("need it twice, chop it once," and "[insert flying food here] overboard!"), and she's a little too cheery, but I like her recipes, and the ones I've tried you really can make in 30 minutes or under. But you're not alone in your dislike, dear. Mr M hates her guts. "Cheerleader" and "Hack" have been bandied about during viewings.

And to Krizzer, who thought she saw Mr Peanut in Washington State, well, Kriz, you may be absolutely correct.

See, seems Mr Peanut went away for a week or so to take the cure. He's been sober several days now. I don't know if he came to this decision on his own or he saw my blog or Peabody had a personal word with him, but he returned back here dried out, if not quite shaky. He's laid on my not-as-comfy-as-the-comfy-chair sofa for the better part of a week, he's slept a lot, and one particularly bad night he seemed to have a small case of the DTs. Mr M and I discussed what one might see if one was a peanut having the DTs, and I finally decided it was still elephants. One would see oneself being sucked into an elephant's trunk.

Anyway, things seem to be looking up, and Mr Peanut was even invited to partake in the traditional Wednesday night dinner for S & P, Fish Stick Night. See, every Wednesday when I'm at band, the boys indulge in Sherman's favorite food, fish sticks. Occasionally Sherman even goes all out and has a "sea dog," which is a fish stick on a hot dog bun with tartar sauce and "algae." (Spinach)

When I arrived back from band last night I realized that Mr Peanut must have had a great time at Fish Stick Night, as evidenced by the below picture:



Betland's Olympic Update:
*Finally, I've decided that even though yall know me better than I probably know myself, I'm still going to do the "Layers" survey, again from le blog de Flipsycab. And sorry for the spacing, but as we all know, publishing pictures for some reason seriously fucks up blogger's spacing.

LAYER ONE: THE OUTSIDE

Name: Bet

Birth date: February 26, 1960

Current Location: B'field, in the mountains of Virginia

Eye Color: Blueygreeny

Hair Color: Browny

Righty or Lefty: Righty

Zodiac Sign: Fishy, um, Pisces, though we all know horoscopes are crap.

LAYER TWO: ON THE INSIDE

Your heritage: Cousins marrying.

Shoes you wore today: My tan Merrells. Oddly enough, the same ones I landed on when I fell in my pants.

3 things I did today: Got my hair cut, drank two cups of coffee, watched an Alan F Arkin movie.

Your fears: Basically everything. See blog of Jan. 11, 2005, Bet's unnatural fears.

Your perfect pizza: Well, lately that would be "one that doesn't make me sick," but back in my real pizza days it would have been thin crust, then cheese, cheese, and more cheese.

LAYER THREE: YESTERDAY, TODAY, TOMORROW

Your most overused phrase: "Indeed!" Although lately I seem to really be overusing the oath "Jesus Christ," and I think I may have recently offended someone with it.

Your thoughts first waking up: Weekdays, "crap." Weekends, "wheeeee!"

Your best physical feature: You've got to be kidding.

Your best time: I seem to be quite good around 2am.

Your most missed memory: Playing with Bill and The Petster.

LAYER FOUR: YOUR PICK

Pepsi or Coke: Neither. Crystal Light Pink Lemonade.

McDonald's or Burger King: Neither. In fact, in the fast food world, they're the two worst.

Single or group dates: Listen, I haven't had a date since Methusula was in knee pants.

Adidas or Nike: Merrells.

Silver or Gold: Generally silver. Sometimes gold.

Lipton Tea or Nestea: Coffee.

Chocolate or vanilla: Neither now, but chocolate, of course.

LAYER FIVE: DO YOU?

Smoke: I'd like to say no, but I'd be lying.

Take showers: Almost exclusively.

Have a crush(es): Of course. On many many people in many many ways, actually.

Think you've been in love: Know I have.

Like(d) high school?: Yep. (makes International Sign of the Geek)

Want to get married: Not particularly.

Get motion sickness: Nope.

Think you're a health freak: I can honestly say I've never ever once thought that.

Get along with your parents: Yep. Even though I lie to them and tell them what they want to hear. Makes them happy, makes me happy.

Like thunderstorms: Immensely, unless I'm driving.

Play an instrument: Play several, but we won't talk about the autoharp.

LAYER SIX: IN THE PAST MONTHS

Drank alcohol: Oh yeah.

Gone on a date: So how long ago was Methusula in knee pants?

Gone to the mall: Very, very briefly, one anchor store, yes.

Been on stage: Sauerkraut Band!

Eaten an entire box of Oreos: I've never eaten an entire bag of Oreos. I once ate a 1/2 pound bag of peanut M & Ms, though, but that was a long time ago.

Eaten sushi: Only once, years ago.

Gone skating: Haven't skated since the tumble on roller blades made me realize I was way too old for that shit. I've ridden a bike, though.

Had a tan: Yes, have one now. From a tube of Lancome.

Dyed your hair: Yep, but I'm due again.

LAYER SEVEN: HAVE YOU EVER

Been trashed or extremely intoxicated: I've been beyond trashed. I've sat and watched the wall and been entertained.

Changed who you were to fit in: Not really. I just don't fit in.

Thought about what age you hope to get married: Probably when I was little.

Had children? Exactly what do you mean by "had" children?

Describe your dream wedding: Not so much with the weddings - stop with the weddings! (OK, a quick story - the only appealing thing to me re a wedding would be the fact that several years ago I bought my brother-in-law a ministership out of a dodgy magazine as a Christmas present. I've always thought it would be funny to have him actually marry me.)

How do you want to die?: I'd prefer not to, if you don't mind.

What do you want to be when you grow up?: I'd prefer not to, if you don't mind.

LAYER NINE: IN A GUY

(I'm not answering any of these questions, because a) they're dumb and b) I've lived long enough to know that if you find a really nice guy, what the shit does it matter what color his eyes are or how tall he is.)

LAYER TEN: IN THE NUMBERS

Number of pairs of shoes: See, I know this because I recently bought the big over the door shoe holder. I think it was 46, if I'm not mistaken.

Number of bags: Probably about half that, though I bought a great bag this weekend at the High School Band's yard sale. It was a quarter.

Number of CD's I own: Wow. Geez. 500, maybe? I've often thought of trying to count all my albums and CDs, but I don't have the stamina.

Number of piercings: 4. 3 in one ear, 1 in the other.

Number of tattoos: None, and don't look for any anytime soon.

Thanks for your time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home