Sunday, June 19, 2005

Picture Sunday

Hello to all out there in computerland, and welcome to a special "What I Did This Weekend" edition of Picture Sunday.

Oddly enough, here's what I did this weekend.

Mr M and I went to eat here Saturday night.



This is kind of our haunt in B'burg. I like it. He likes it. Sherman likes it. In fact, Sherman got his "regular" last night....


And oddly enough, I got my "regular" last night....


And even oddlier than that, Mr M got his "regular" last night. Though for some reason his "regular" went all shy and didn't want its picture taken. I guess because a lowly Smokehouse Chicken Sandwich can't compete with such a stupendous Tuna Salad nor the Best Fries In Town.

So it was a "regular" kind of dinner.

Then it was back to Poderosa East, where I showed Mr M the love that is "The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter." Only he kept saying very very rude things about Mr Singer all through the movie. Rude and derrogatory things about Mr Singer's habits. Which are patently untrue, let me tell you that. Mr Singer's a fine man.

Then today it was - actual clarinet trioing! After weeks of lonely duets, MP showed up and we traded off on some duets, then played some trios. It was a lot of fun, and I was witness to the very first playing of MP's newest piece of music.

Then home, where it was a dinner with one of the more fun dysfunctional families you'll find anywhere, mine. Father's Day, you know.

Now home at The Pod, where there's nothing more I can add except to say that what Dad in his right mind would have the nerve, the audacity, the sheer stupidity to eat - uh, I mean turn down - a treat such as this!


Ahhhh, it's the very pinky and possibly sprinkled with wood shavings "Peppermint Pie." Mmm-hmmm. I'm thinking this is actually the Pepto Bismol Pie, where you mix up some Pepto with sugar and a few egg whites and beat it within an inch of its life. Which if you think about it, would be perfect for the Dad who ate his kids' cooking for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

Happy Week.

Betland's Olympic Update:

* And quite the Olympic update it is! Guess what I found out today, in a very casual conversation? MP found a recorder in a drawer at Mr M's, and began noodling around on it. That's when Mr M mentioned something as an aside that became a major piece of news for me - he once played the recorder for a Windex Commercial! Apparently the commercial had a man cleaning a huge stained glass window and there was peppy Irish recorder music in the background. He then gave us a sampling of the tune. And I pretended to wash a window. It was a Kleenex moment, folks.

* A special shout out to my buddy ESP, whose birthday is today. Happy birthday, E!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home