Sunday, June 05, 2005

Picture Sunday

Howdy.

It's Sunday night. Picture Sunday is upon us!

Spent Saturday in R'noke doing a concert with Community Band, which turned out to be quite an enjoyable experience. Then a little shopping afterwards and home, where I remained till this afternoon when I began my weekend task of spreading the F-love with my nearest and dearest.

First it was "The In-Laws" with DJ Taytie Mac, then it was a repeat of "Hearts of the West" with Mr M. Both liked. I liked. We all liked.

I was sans camera all weekend, which left me in a bit of a panic as far as P.S. is concerned, but enter that little old problem-solver himself, Mr M. "Take pictures of your Sherman and Peabody collection," he said, and that I've done. Mr M is here as we speak, btw, so everyone wave and say hi. Or raise a middle finger and curse. Take your pick, he's used to both. (He's toodling around on the clarinet so he probably won't pay attention to you anyway.)

OK, where to begin. Picture one: the bobbleheads, wind-up walkers, Old London coins, thimble, Sherman button, and ceramic figurines.


Very good. Picture two: Glandular Sherman and Peabody show off the pencil drawing that became part of the horse racing scene in the "First Kentucky Derby" episode of P's Improbable History.


Very good indeed. Picture three: the pinball machine, a couple of mugs, another Peabody (this one's rubber).


Lovely. Picture four: the "other" Peabody (this is the one Peabody hired his lawyers to cease production of, and he'll probably not speak to me for weeks for publishing this picture), a very nice Peabody patch, and the coveted coup, the S & P sunglasses.


Magnificent. And finally, Picture five: our very own Sherman and Peabody, showing off their very own S & P coloring book and S & P rubber stamp.



There's more in various and sundry places around the house (I didn't include the hats, shirts, or what's in my office), but here's the bulk. Yes, I'm a sad figure. I know this.

But onwards and upwards.

I've had a particularly weak stomach since Friday night (when an extremely innocuous omelette caused me no end of gastrointestinal distress), and so it is with hand over mouth that I present to you this week's recipe du jour. Say "Bonjour" to Quiche Lorraine.


OK. Now, Mr M and I have this forever-raging argument. I know you find that hard to believe. Anyway, I like my eggs cooked so hard you can stand on them, and he thinks this is basically a sin. Well, I guess he'd be orgasmic over this quiche, because to put it bluntly, this sucker ain't done. Look - it's practically dripping inside! Oh, geez. I can feel my stomach turning as we speak.

Let's add to that the side dish of some lima beans laying on a canned apricot that someone blew their nose on, - no, wait, the card says that's a vegetable-stuffed tomato, sorry. And I don't even know what's topping the quiche. It's a lump of something, that's for sure.

I just cannot figure out what's on the top of those lima beans.

Oh well. Happy week, anyway.

Betland's Olympic Update:

* I really need to go out on a Cheeto run. I'm out. I'm also out of coffee creamer. How does one live like this???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home