Friday, July 01, 2005

Friday Night Me

Tonight's Friday night, and that means Chill Night In Betland. You don't even need a ticket, "E" or otherwise, to enjoy.

Nothing new on the podmobile front. I got home from a particularly harrowing day at work, around 6:00, only to find - a message on my answering machine. From the car dealership. Now, may I just have a small moment of ranting here to explain why this pisses me off so?

It's not just the dealership. It's anyone. The doctor, the dentist, the cable people, anyone. You need something, they ask for your home and work phone. You give them. And you say, well, I don't know what you say, but I always say this - "During the day, please call my work number." I even make a little joke: "I'm always there." And so what do the bastards do? They call me at home, leave a message on my machine, and I get back too late to do anything about it.

And that's what happened to me today re the car dealership. So I'm sure there's some sort of news about Steering Wheel Hell, but I couldn't tell you what it is. And with the holidays, I probably won't know till Tuesday. (I don't have to give money to Aimee Mann for typing "till Tuesday," do I?)

So fuck it for now. I have the rental, and it's Friday night. I thought I'd give you a little Picture Friday, actually. This is called Chill Night In Betland.


Yep. Got the coffee, the jammies, the footies, and tonight, the paints. I'm just goofing around though. Experimenting with my new masking liquid. No Picasso, me.

Betland's Olympic Update:

I think I'm going to take the "Three Things" challenge. Stennie took it, took it from Kirsten K. I looked at the questions, and some of them looked quite hard for me. But I'll give it a go. And hey, I published a picture, so of course Blogger's spacing will go all fucky for me. So hope you don't like everything too close together!

Three screen names that you have had: "betula," (it was Halloween - Stennie was "Frankenstennie"), "be3t," (the 3 is silent), "MrSinger" (ahhhh, I love Mr Singer)

Three things you like about yourself: I'm nice, I keep secrets, sometimes I'm stronger than I think

Three things you don't like about yourself: My looks, my timidity, my defeatist attitude

Three parts of your heritage: Since I know nothing about my roots (other than "cousins marrying") I'll say stubbornness, love of music, and an accent

Three things that scare you: Flying, nuclear weaponry, and snakes

Three of your everyday essentials: Crystal Light pink lemonade, a protein bar, blog access

Three things you are wearing right now: Turquoise pajamas (but no motorcycle hat), white footies, a really nice bra

Three of your favorite songs: I'll pick a random 3 I was just listening to: "Caleb Meyer," Gillian Welch, "Heathen Town," Elvis Costello, "It's Late," Ricky Nelson

Three new things you want to try in the next 12 months: Re-entering the world of car payments, being a bold sightreader, riding a bike up a big hill

Three things I want in a relationship: Someone who likes me. The other 2 don't matter.

Two truths and a lie: I've met a Beatle, I once ate dog food, I've thrown a pie in someone's face

Three things you can't do without: Music, family, friends

Three places you want to go on vacation: LA, Chicago, Ireland

Three things you just can't do: Play a nice high G, make tuna pasta salad, get over dog ownership fear

Three kids' names: Taylor, Andrew, Brent

Three things you want to do before you die: Live, live, live

Three Celeb crushes: Alan F Arkin, Marcello Mastroianni, David Strathairn

Three people you want to know these things about: Anyone, but I doubt three people want to know them about me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

So what did Donald Sutherland do to get off of your celebrity crush list?

10:15 PM  
Blogger Bet said...

I debated him, Michelle. In the end, not enough room.

10:23 PM  
Blogger stennie said...

Come to L.A.!! I'm serious about this, let's plan it. For 2006 at the very latest.

1:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home