Tuesday, July 19, 2005

No Blog, But Acrowinners

Yeah, yeah.

I'm lazy. It's the humidity.

I'd gotten into a nice habit of knowing I had to have a blog on Tuesdays so I could post acrowinners afterward. And here I am without.

I'm blaming it on two things. Work has been extraordinarily busy lately and so I haven't had any "blog topic" thinking time, and the constant rain has rendered me swimless. When I swim I basically do this, in my mind, not out loud, if I did it out loud I'd drown:

"Onnnnnnne (up the pool), Onnnnnnnnne (down the pool). Twoooooooooo, twooooooooo. Threeeeeeee, threeeeeee." I know that it's either do that 45 or 50 times, or think up the beginnings of a blog.

So here I am fumbling for words and not having a blog, and I'm terribly sorry, really, although I did give you two on Friday and that was above and beyond the call of duty and I hope you all appreciated it, even if you didn't say so.

So there.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* OK, let's get these acrowinners announced so I can get on with laundry folding and call it a night. So, what makes summer a bummer?
Honorable mention goes to Flipsy with her "Nasty June fog. Oy!" (Reminds me of the Eddie Izzard bit about San Francisco. And the "oy" was a nice touch.)
Runner-up goes to Kellie with her "No juicy fish outside." (Which begs the question, are there any inside?)
And winner for the second week in a row, yes, it was Mike and his "No July Fourth orgies." (I never seem to have those, and I'd also like to say I've never been to New Jersey so I cannot confirm or deny anything about his first entry.)
Thanks to all who played!

2 Comments:

Blogger stennie said...

I have indeed been to Jersey in the summertime, and Mike's right. However, being from Yakima, he's a fine one to talk. No hypodermic for you, Mike!

Also -- last year when I was training for the triathlon, I swam laps in our itty bitty tiny little pool, and I did the same thing ("onnnnnnnnnnnnnnne.... twoooooooooooooo...."). Since I was training to do a half-mile swim, I usually did 75 or 100 laps. I'm pretty sure I usually miscounted.

1:19 AM  
Blogger Flipsycab said...

Gawd it's hot.

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home