Friday, August 19, 2005

Hurricane Warning, Yall

The idea actually came from my nephew.

We were talking about the latest hurricane to wash ashore, Ilene I think it was, and he wondered aloud why no hurricanes were ever given Southern names. I mean, after all, that's where they hit, that's where the millions of dollars damage is done, those are the people who are displaced in the aftermath.

And so as a tribute to my nephew for giving me a Friday blog idea, here you go, sir. May the next year's hurricanes be called thusly:

Hurricane Arbelle
Hurricane Buford
Hurricane Cletus
Hurricane Dale
Hurricane Enos
Hurricane Filbert
Hurricane Gaylene
Hurricane Hobert
Hurricane Ival
Hurricane Junior
Hurricane Kelvin
Hurricane Lerlene
Hurricane Milford
Hurricane Newgene
Hurricane Odell
Hurricane P-Dab
Hurricane Quetene
Hurricane Ray-Gene
Hurricane Sister
Hurricane Tex
Hurricane Uhley
Hurricane Velma
Hurricane Wynona
Hurricane Xenus
Hurricane Yobal
Hurricane Zeke

Betland's Olympic Update:
* I have a massive headache. I'm completely sick of dealing with crazy people at work.
* However, I am taking something of a four-day vacation from work next week, so things are looking up.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

Ooh -- you could do the "Gone With The Wind" edition, too.. Hurricanes Asheley, Pitty-pat, Mammy, Rhett, No-Birthin-No-Babies....

There are crazy people everywhere. And they're all out to get us.

8:30 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Four-day vacation? Does that mean you're taking a long weekend, or that you're not going into work again until Friday?

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The southern hurricane thing would make a great radio piece. When y'all doing that again?

8:08 PM  
Blogger Linda Shippert said...

I am SO naming a kid Gaylene.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Krizzer said...

I've never heard of half of those names!

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home