Monday, August 01, 2005

Mike Week Acrochallenge!

Hello to all of you Betland tuner-inners out there, and welcome to a very special week here in podworld. You know about the Discovery Channel. You know that once a year, in an effort to scare, fascinate, and whet the "I hope a man gets eaten" appetites of their viewers, D.C. has Shark Week.

Well, here we do things a little differently. In an effort to scare, fascinate, and whet the "I hope a man gets eaten" appetites of our viewers, we have Mike Week.

Yes, Mike the blogless, who can apparently come up with terrific blog topics but not the words to flesh them out, well, he's given me a week of topics, and by damn, this is the week I'm putting them into use. So welcome to my nightmare, also known as Mike Week. Tonight, it'll be your nightmare, too.

One of Mike's topics will actually become this week's acro. And it concerns our furry friends. This week's acrotopic is "Things I Learned From Pets." Everyone's had a pet. Well, I hope, anyway, I'd hate to think there are people out there who've gone through life petless. Anyway, if you haven't had a pet, think of your neighbor's pet, that'll help.

Our rules are as always. Everyone gets three entries to come up with the best acronym they can that not only matches the mikerotopic above but also the letters below, which are randomly drawn from the acrobasket. The acrobasket was briefly married to Mike during the mid-80s, but then again, who wasn't, right? Then I'll be judging at around 10pm est tomorrow night, and the winners get an autographed picture of Mike himself. I guess the losers get an in-person visit. It's a joke! It's funneee - get it?

So there you go. This week's topic: "Things I Learned From Pets." The letters:

R A R Y O M

Oh, and I guess I should make it clear in case anyone wondered - Mike is eligible to play this week. So, what are you waiting for? Go play!

Betland's Olympic Update:
* By the way, two things I learned from my pets. How to hide behind a curtain and make sure everyone knows where you are, and how to bury a weenie in the corner of the room in the carpet.
* Mike's seen Elvis Costello so many times that when Elvis sees him out in the audience he cries and runs off the stage.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

Really adorable reactions, you oughta master.

Respond attentively, roll yourself over -- mmmmm!

Rocks are really yummy. Ouch! Molar :-(

8:37 PM  
Blogger Flipsycab said...

Things I Learned From Pets:
R A R Y O M

Roaring awakens. Realize your open mouth.

Rustling and rummaging yonder only motivates.

Rears! Asses! Yummy! Olefactory manna!

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

R A R Y O M

Running around room yields other morsels.

Ripping at rugs, yelping, outdoor meandering.

Rrrrr!
Arf!!
Ruff!!
Yipeyipeyipeyipe!
Owooooooooo.....
Meow...

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home