Friday, August 12, 2005

One Subject You Can't Talk Enough About - Sin!

Yes, I've been tagged. I've been tagged by the dishy Michelle, who's done enough sinning in her time, so I hear, to do the latest meme - The Seven Deadly Sins. And since I am not without sin, I shan't be casting any stones.

The Seven Deadly Sins

Anger

1. Who did you last get angry with? I guess Kath, over the whole way the quitting thing went.
2. What is your weapon of choice? A straight-ahead deadpan stare.
3. Would you hit a member of the opposite sex? I probably have.
4. How about of the same sex? Sure, bring someone over!
5. Who was the last person who got really angry at you? Mr M, of course. He's always mad at me.
6. What is your pet peeve? You know, I didn't really want to answer cell phone users, but lately I can't think of anything that pisses me off more.
7. Do you keep grudges, or can you let them go easily? I have grudges going from 1962.

Sloth

1. What is one thing you're supposed to do daily that you haven't done in a while? Swim. Haven't in a week.
2. What is the latest you've ever woken up? I can remember one Fourth of July I spent alone where I stayed in bed till about 2:30pm.
3. Name a person you've been meaning to contact, but haven't? My English friend Tina, who lives in Ireland. I started her a letter in February. It's still unfinished and unsent. And currently lost.
4. What is the last lame excuse you made? Wednesday night. "Why should I swim, it doesn't seem to be doing any good anyway...."
5. Have you ever watched an infomercial all the way through (one of the long ones?) Oh, yeah. Insomnia's a wonderful thing.
6. When was the last time you got a good workout in? Last Thursday. 50 laps. (oops - that was pride)
7. How many times did you hit the snooze button on your alarm clock today? Only once, but that's good for me.

Gluttony (Believe it or not, I originally typed "Sluttony" to this one)

1. What is your overpriced yuppie beverage of choice? I guess bottled water. I buy coffees, but they're the plain-old kind.
2. Meat eaters: white meat or dark meat? Meatically speaking, I'm quite the racist - I just don't like dark meat.
3. What is the greatest amount of alcohol you've had in one sitting/outing/event? Oh, geez. If it was that much, how do you remember? Probably about a bottle of wine, a half dozen beers, and a few Jager shots. That would have been the "It was hot, and I got drunk" party.
4. Have you ever used a professional diet company? I've done it all, baby.
5. Do you have an issue with your weight? Oh, about $23,000 worth of one.
6. Do you prefer sweets, salty foods, or spicy foods? Spicy, but flavorful spicy, not just hot for the sake of hot.
7. Have you ever looked at a small house pet or child and thought "LUNCH"? Well, actually, yes I have. Mr M used to have a kitty he named "Lunch," so every time I saw him I did indeed think "Lunch!"

Lust

1. How many people have you seen naked (not counting movies/family)? I'm giving a round figure of about 100 on this one, but that's counting communal showering.
2. How many people have seen YOU naked (not counting physicians/family)? Well, that really depends on if that webcast on New Year's Eve went global....
3. Have you ever caught yourself staring at the chest/crotch of a member of your gender of choice during a normal conversation? Two questions on this survey I'm actually embarrassed to answer "yes" to, and this is one of them.
4. Have you "done it?" Oh, sometime back in the late 18th century.
5. What is your favorite body part on a person of your gender of choice? For lustful purposes, I have two, and I'll answer the more tame of them - that part of the neck right behind the ear.
6. Have you ever been propositioned by a prostitute? Not that I know of, unless Mike counts.
7. Have you ever had to get tested for an STD or pregnancy? Yes, but the circumstances surrounding it were quite comical.

Greed

1. How many credit cards do you own? Including all of them? Gas cards and the like? About 8.
2. What's your guilty pleasure store? Target, because when I'm in there I always end up buying stuff I don't need.
3. If you had 1 million dollars, what would you do with it? Pay off podmobile2 and the Poderosa, give a little away, and bank the rest.
4. Would you rather be rich, or famous? Oh, rich. Rich! Fame just makes people look at you.
5. Would you accept a boring job if it meant you would make megabucks? So fast your head would spin round.
6. Have you ever stolen anything? Well, I'm the kind of honest where I've gone back through a drive-thru and waited in line so I could return a dollar overage I was given as change. But once I left a store and realized there was something in my buggy that didn't get scanned and I didn't pay for it. It was a mistake, so I didn't actually steal it. But I didn't take it back, either, so maybe I did.
7. How many MP3's are on your hard drive? HA! 500, maybe? But that, my friends, is not stealing. In my eyes, anyway, and I'm the authority on these things.

Pride

1. What's one thing you have done that you're most proud of? Probably flew to England by myself.
2. What's one thing you have done that your parents are most proud of? You know, I don't think of anything I've done as anything they were proud of. Probably losing weight, which is when you think of it quite sad.
3. What's one thing you would like to accomplish in your life? A college degree. I'm really doing a lot about that, aren't I?
4. Do you get annoyed by coming in second place? The other question I'm embarrassed to answer "yes" to. But yeah, I do.
5. Have you ever entered a contest of skill knowing you were of much higher skill than the other competitors? I certainly have.
6. Have you ever cheated on something to get a higher score? No, but in high school I once cheated to raise a friend's score. It didn't, though, I totally bombed the exam, and we both got grilled for about an hour.
7. What did you do today that you're proud of? Cleaned around the Poderosa some. No, I take that back. I kind of cheered someone up today.

Envy

1. What item (or person) of your friend's would you most want to have for your own? I'll take Mike's record collection. When does it arrive?
2. Who would you want to go on "Trading Spaces" with? Now, if I'm reading this question correctly, I have no idea what it has to do with envy. At all. But I'd go on that show with my sister, because she has really nice taste and wouldn't let Hildy put moss on my walls.
3. If you could be anyone else in the world, who would you be? Someone smart and good-looking, but for the life of me I can't put a name on her right now.
4. Have you ever been cheated on? Haven't we all?
5. Have you ever wished you had a physical feature different from your own? There's not a physical feature I haven't wished different from my own!
6. What inborn trait do you see in others that you wish you had for yourself? Self-confidence.
7. Do you wish you'd come up with this survey? I didn't? Oh, I guess I didn't. Sure I do.

And finally, what is your favorite deadly sin? Oh, baby - sloth, and no mistake. And I'm even answering this on Friday night, my own personal sloth-fest!

Betland's Olympic Update:
* After all that you want an update? OK, here's your update. I'm going to go fix myself some dinner. So there.
* Oh yeah - and I don't believe in this "tagging one person" crap. I want to see Stenns, Flipsy, Lily, Venice, and Jellybean answer this. And Kriz!

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

That is SO NOT FAIR! I wanted to give everyone a chance to tag someone. Now you make me look like I'm playing favorites, when we were in cahoots the whole time about doing a MEME.

I am totally giving you down the road!

10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I-S-S-U-E ???????

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

12:33 AM  
Blogger Krizzer said...

Bet - you swam 50 laps? That's not a multiple of 3!

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home