Monday, September 26, 2005

Acrochallenge!

Hello lads and lasses, ducks and drakes, and queens and drones. And welcome to another round of acromania.

I'm not going into the greatest of detail here why I've chosen this week's particular acrotopic, but suffice to say that my dear nephew's high school band went to their first festival Saturday and didn't win band of the day. They acheived a "superior" rating, but didn't win the big prize. They never do - their rival band always does. It's a long story, but the kids understand they're doomed from the start, and even knowing that voted to go to this same festival once again this year to face down their rival. So this week's topic shall be, "Dang. What a gyp."

All the other rules are the same. Everyone gets three entries to come up with the best acronym they can that not only matches the topic above, but the letters below, drawn from our best friend, the acrobasket. The acrobasket is fair to all. Then at about 10pm est I'll judge the entries and announce the winners, who'll win a fabulous prize, possibly a 3-piece lounge suite, and the rest of you will turn off your computers complaining about the recent gyp you've just suffered.

So this week's topic is "Dang. What a gyp." The letters:

Y N I S D G

Now, quit your whining and acro.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* I worked out today after work, drank a nice protein drink, did some deep breathing...and promptly fell asleep for 2 hours in the Comfy Chair. Now my contact lenses are stuck to my eyes.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

Yuck. Now I stand dejected, George-less.

Yes, no intellect, so denied grant.

Yucky nuts in sandwiches -- don't go.

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yugo?!? Nuts, it's some dinky go-cart.

Yikes! Naked Indians stole Dave's gramaphone!

Yolanda never imagined she'd die gopherless.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Flipsycab said...

"Dang. What a gyp."

Y N I S D G

You never invite sloppy, drunk gluttons.
Yikes! New initiatives stink. Dang government!
Yeller noticed immediately, something different. Gun!

1:41 PM  
Blogger bitterspice said...

Y N I S D G

Young nubile interns spent day giggling.
Yurts? No Internet? So don't go.
Yevgeny's not into sassy, daring girls.

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yesterday. Nuts! I Spent Dollars. Gas.
You Ninny. I Said Delete Garnish.
YOUR Name? I surely Don't Grant.

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home