Sunday, September 18, 2005

Picture Sunday

Hello to all, and welcome to another scintillating edition of that nugget of happiness known as Picture Sunday.

Yes, I'm feeling much better tonight, thanks for your kind comments and thoughts. Must have been a 24-hour type of thing, well, no let's call it a 36-hour type of thing, because I finally started feeling relatively human back around Saturday afternoon.

You know, I feel compelled to tell you a little about my Saturday afternoon, since I wore my "I'm Blogging This" t-shirt, and, as Stennie says, if you wear your "I'm Blogging This" t-shirt and don't blog about it, you're branded a liar for life.

So, let's see. I bought batteries at the drug store, for my digital camera. That was exciting.

Oh! And I gave podmobile2 his first bath. Well, I guess "shower" would be more appropriate, I didn't actually immerse him in water, rather had him stand stationary and be sprayed with soap and water. To be honest, I was just doing my band-geek duty, as the local car wash was giving its proceeds from Saturday to the GHS band. But ubergeek that I am, I not only had my car washed, and gave an extra donation to the band, but I also just went wild and cleaned the inside of my car before I left.

Then it was to B'burg to get prepared for, you guessed it, that Trip of Fun up the mountain to Oktoberfest.



Yep, there was the sign, and we obeyed it, right up the mountain to the big barn at the little resort.

It was a small crowd, see, I told you it started way too early, but still fun nonetheless, and I thought I'd give you a little quote from the evening. You see, I'm the unofficial quote-keeper of Oktoberfest, yes, I write down all the good ones in a little notebook and at the end of the season we pick the best line from the event and post it on the Sauerkraut Band website. Just so happens this quote involves, well, your humble quote-keeper.

Eddie [sits down in his chair]: *Buuuurrrrrrrrrrrpppppp!*
Me: God, I've missed you guys.

So, there you have it. Oh, the fun we have.

Only a short time later we hit the Big German Buffet for the first time this season. This is always a running joke amongst us Sauerkrauters, how exciting and amazingly appetizing that buffet looks the first couple of nights, then about 2/3 into things, how we trudge to the table thinking that if we have to eat German food one more time we're all gonna die right there on the mountain.

So here for your "eating German food vicariously" pleasure is a picture of my first meal of the season.



Oooh. A little blurred there, isn't it? I promise there was just water in that stein. Anyway, let's see, we have a little salad, a little red cabbage, two different types of smoked salmon, for your personal future information, avoid the pepper-encrusted kind, and yes, all salmon needs some capers thrown on top, and finally a big potato pancake. That and the cabbage are about the only things I don't end up sick of. All eaten al fresco on the stone wall outside the barn.

That looks like it could be a recipe du jour, doesn't it? No? Well, then we'll just have to give you the real thing. Say a cheery hello to Chinese Fried Asparagus.

'

Well. What can you say about that really, except, "That asparagus has a lovely red hat!"

Because this is, as you can see, just some greasy asparagus cut up and fried within an inch of its life. It says on The Card "2 tablespoons of oil," but I'm not buying it. No serving suggestions or anything. Just fry up those asparagi and let the good times roll.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* I stole a songbook from Oktoberfest last night because - I'm in it! In name only, but the songbooks they've used up until this year were the originals. The members of the Sauerkraut Band in the old ones were also the originals, people long, long forgotten. This year they finally got us right!

3 Comments:

Blogger Flipsycab said...

Well, at least you're not a liar. A thief, maybe, but for good cause. I don't hold it against ya!! After all, you're published!

3:26 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Congratulations on getting published, ya thief!

11:02 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

One of these plates I would gladly eat from. The other, I would not. And it's not even because I don't have my glasses on.

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home