Monday, October 03, 2005

Acrochallenge!

Hello, my little acroites. It's Monday, which of course means it's time for another semi-titillating round of acromania!

Let me tell you a little story of what happened to me yesterday. It's a sad tale.

Yesterday, after I sat in the pumpkin patch burning my brains out for 90 minutes, I went home by way of Target. See, I needed some clothes hangers. And for some reason I felt I had to go into a huge department store to get them; what that reason was I've yet to decipher.

Anyway, since I'd parked and made my way in, after I picked up my $3.00 purchase I stood there thinking there must be something else I needed that I could also pick up. And eventually I realized that there was indeed something else I could look for for myself.

See, somewhere at the Poderosa, in the last, oh, 3 years or so, I seem to have lost my Walkman. Discman, sure, it's sitting right there on the not-as-comfy couch, but the cassette version, well, it's suffered the same fate as many other things in my life - I know it's here, I actually saw it here once, but I'll be damned if I could tell you where to save my life.

So I went into the electronics section, to the "portables." Do you know that you cannot buy a personal cassette player anymore? You can buy any number or kind of personal cd players, or ipods, mp3 players, or whatever else the kids are listening to music with these days. But cassettes? Forget it.

I'd never felt so old in such a short period of time. I may as well have been the world's oldest hippie, ambling into the store looking for a good 8-track player to play the latest Vanilla Fudge on. Needless to say I came home with some clothes hangers and a bad attitude.

So, this week's acrotopic? "It Made Me Feel So Old."

All the other rules are the same. Everyone gets three entries to come up with the best acronym possible that matches not only the topic above, but the letters below, which are drawn from my humble but lovable friend the acrobasket. He's a reel-to-reel guy himself. Then at around 10pm est tomorrow night I shall judge the entries, and the winner shall receive a 16mm projector and a stack of albums, while the non-winners shall get a year's supply of Rice-a-Roni and my best wishes.

This week's topic? "It Made Me Feel So Old." The letters:

S A N L B N E

Now, get off your rotary dial phones and acro!

Betland's Olympic Update:
* I know my hair has a mind of its own, and lately I've just been letting it go free, but today a man told me I looked like a poodle dog. That was just uncalled for.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It made me feel so old:

1. Seeing Anna Nicole lie back naked, enticingly.

2. Sliding accidentally napward, leaving breakfast not eaten.

3. Sanity, and not libido, being nearly everything.

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sadly, Amber never liked Bob's new earphones.

Sandra's ass, naked, left Brian nevertheless edgy.

Shaken, anxious, nervious, Lenny banged number eleven.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

Seeing a naked loin -- being not excited.

Sought a new lens, because no eyesight.

Sweet! Almost nailed luscious Barbara Eden.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home