Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Slow Day, Slow Mind

You know it's a slow day when you come to the decision to make your blog a riveting episode of "What The Boys Are Up To."

Up early, on the road early, armed with a large coffee and my 3 Hackensaw Boys CDs (OK, has anyone taken me up on my "buy everything these guys have done" challenge?), I headed to A'don to a TheCompanyIWorkFor meeting. Boring stuff, but I did get to see my absolutely very favorite TheCompanyIWorkFor employee, E. Is cool beyond belief, and till I met her I didn't know what 4:20 meant. Not that either of us would indulge, I'm sure.

Stopped on the way home at a foreign Wal-Mart and bought 57 bars of soap (no, I'm not that dirty, it was the only size they had, the Wash Your Entire Neighborhood Pak), and as much rain gear as I could lay my hands on. I'm ditching Oktoberfest this Saturday to go to Tay's band festival (well, and my buddy whiz-kid-M's band will be there too, a double treat), and there's a 70% chance of rain on the day. Now there's a band geek for you, sitting for 8 hours in the pouring rain watching high school marching bands. I'll be in heaven.

Then it was home, where I basically forgot about laundry and napped on and off all evening.

And so - what are the boys up to tonight?

- Peabody is practicing his yoga. First he was standing on his head, now he's sitting cross-legged on the floor, deep in meditation.
- Sherman is drawing. He's drawing a picture of Gossamer.
- Gossamer is posing for his picture, though he's not totally aware of this fact. He's chewing on a pencil eraser.
- Huckleberry Hound is attempting to play my autoharp. He figured it was a shame for it to sit there in its case, ignored. He's not bad at "Red River Valley," but, alas, I'm not the only one not to master "The Wildwood Flower," if you get my drift.
- Good Luck Baby Lily is playing with the miniature Barbie my buddy ESP gave me. Not miniature to Lily, though. She thinks of it as a life-sized playmate.

And that's the constant hullaballoo that is the Poderosa.

Happy Tuesday.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* We have acrowinners. Mmmmmm, pie.
- Honorable Mention goes to Flipsy, with her "Rhubarb? Indeed! Horseradish lingers tastier." I don't know about horseradish, but anyone who works "Indeed!" into an acro is fine by me.
- Runner-up goes to LilyG, with her "Responsibly, I halve lemon tart." Oh, that Lily. Always so responsible....
- And this week's winner goes to DeepFatFriar, with his "Reagan? I hit Lana Turner." Now there's the perfect use of a pie. Hitting Lana Turner.
- (The dishy Michelle had a nice entry with "Romanians ingest honey liver treats." However - her entry arrived 58 minutes after the alloted acroing time. Therefore, for her trouble, five dozen Nature's Macaroons are winging their way to her doorstep!)
- Thanks to all who played!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

Oh, go away spammer bastard! We don't care what anyone besides ourselves think. It's one of the glories of the internet -- we can spend our time with like-thinking people and reaffirm our own beliefs.

Nanny, nanny, poo poo, you jerk.

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home