Thursday, October 27, 2005

Thursday Thoughts, And Believe Me Folks, That's An Accomplishment

Here I sit in between trips to the refrigerator. No, I'm not eating a lot, I'm just working on a project that requires coolness. And seeing as how I have no cool, I must keep on a constant jaunt to the fridge.

Thought I'd take this Thursday to tell you some random things that are on my mind at the moment.

People are idiots.

OK, thank you folks, and goodnight!

No, I guess I have more on my mind tonight, but boy, are people just idiots. I've spent the past two days at TheCompanyIWorkFor dealing with someone who refuses to listen to and/or understand anything I tell her. I can't make it any simpler, or speak any clearer, and yet she refuses to actually hear anything I tell her. I'm thinking of passing her off to someone else if she calls tomorrow. Which of course she will.

Do you know what I want more than anything in the world right now? You know those huge tabletop maps all the generals have in those World War II movies? The ones with the long slider poles where they slide their little plastic armies all over Europe? I want one of those.

In fact, I want one of those so badly I'm thinking of making one myself and putting it in my living room floor. Then I'll make me one of those sliding poles, and put stuff all over my map and slide it around. "Cookies to France! Bracelets to Italy! Coins to Germany! DVDs to England!" I'll have a ball.

I'll invite yall to my first "Sliding Shit Around Europe" party.

I can't really elaborate on this one till after Saturday, but let me just make a very heartfelt statement. Chocolate is one stubborn-ass substance.

I currently have a major case of the hump at Ipswitch, otherwise known as the WS_FTP people. When I went through the big reformat a month or so ago, I had to redownload WS. Believe it or not, I actually had all my emails from where I'd ordered it, with a serial number attached. Even had my billing statement where it was charged to my credit card.

However, there was no activation key, so I emailed the Ipswitch people and told them of my dilemma. I promptly got an email saying - that I'd get an email. I hate those. Anyway, I was promised a quick reply to my problem. Well, my 30-day evaluation period for the download I had to do post-reformat has run out, I can't redownload their product (I'm not guessing here - I've tried), and - I still haven't heard word one from those Ipswitch bastards.

In other words, I can't update my Movie List!

I'll give them a few more days, but if I don't hear from them (I won't), or I do hear from them (I won't) and they tell me they won't give me back my product after I paid $45 for it, I'm going to go buy any other FTP program out there. I don't care if it sucks, I don't care if it's hard to use, I don't care if I have to FTP with two Dixie Cups and a piece of string.

By the way, did I mention how much I hate chocolate?

Betland's Olympic Update:
* I do not have a pair of gloves. I have lived in my house for four years now, and as of Saturday morning, there is not one single pair of gloves here. That I can find, anyway. Not even a stray one. This leads me to believe that sometime this summer I bundled up all my gloves, packed them into a box, and put them somewhere. Could someone please tell me where? My damn hands are cold.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Ok - there is a lot of cryptic stuff going on in this post - It's Sunday and I still don't understand some of this post.

How could you hate chocolate? Are you alien? All this time I thought you were a groovy Podster. This chocolate hatred makes me wonder if you've got MWDs/

As for the FTP stealing bastards, you could always notify your credit card company about the BS and have them reverse the charges. They'll fight for you.

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home