Monday, November 28, 2005

Acrochallenge!

Hello to all, and welcome to a post-holiday round of acromania.

You know, I find myself, on occasion, stopping at a certain eatery. Well, actually, it's a certain drinkery. Where one can order a certain drink, made from a certain bean. All right - it's Starbucks, OK?? There seems to be a great deal of anti-PC-ness about Starbucks and to be honest, I don't understand what it's all about, because I've never bothered to find out. (And I'm sure this post will bring about some explanation for me.) Anyway, sometimes I'm in B'burg, and Mr M's not, and I need coffee, dammit. So there you go. My confession. Before you and God and everybody.

Now, here's the thing with Starbucks. I go there and get a large coffee, whatever's on the "Freshly Brewed" chalkboard. And every time I walk in, there's a name of their Freshly Brewed Blend, along with a description. "Smooth and Rich!" "Spicy With a Hint of Sweetness!" "Bold But Tasteful!" Or whatever.

And every single coffee I get there tastes exactly the same. I'm totally convinced that Starbucks only has one bean, the Starbucks Bean, and they just brew it up, assign a name to it, and make up a description.

And that's where this week's acro comes in. For our topic is "Acro Blend." Yes, here at Betland our coffee of the week is the Acro Blend, and you have to assign a description of its taste for the chalkboard.

All the other rules are the same. Everyone gets three entries to come up with the best acronym they can that not only matches the topic above, but also the letters below, which are drawn from the acrobasket. The acrobasket is very bold, with a slightly woody taste. And he's loaded with caffeine. Really. He actually shakes on my desk. Then tomorrow night at 10pm est I'll be reading the entries and naming the winner, who shall receive a complimentary baby straw that you can't suck through, but it'll stir your coffee. And it's red and white striped. You know the ones. They're very valuable, you know.

So, this week's topic is "Acro Blend." The letters:

R T N G H

There you have it. Now get all coffeed up and acro.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* You wouldn't believe it. I slept last night. Real sleep. Not one car door. I'm in heaven!

5 Comments:

Blogger Krizzer said...

Robust, tangy, nutty. Get hopped!

Relieves that no-good hangover

Really tastes nasty. Good heavens.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Linda Shippert said...

R T N G H

Rich, tasty! (not gross hardly!)

Ripe tangerine nose, glorious head!

Redolently tangy, notably glorious. Hot!

12:34 PM  
Blogger Flipsycab said...

R T N G H

Robust, titillating, nubile: Ginger Honey.

Razzling, trippy, necatreous: Gettin’ High.

Revolutionary, tangy, needling: Gil Heron.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

Robust tasty nectar goes Hollywood.

Raspberries, tangerines, nectarines. (Gross, huh?)

Rouses tastebuds, now go home!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Bet said...

Hello - these entries just came in from DeepFatFriar, whose system still won't play nice with word verification:

1. Really top notch Guatemalan Huehuetenango.

2. Rotted tannen nightsoil garbage Harar.

3. Rare, truly New Guinean hutzpah. (varient spelling listed in Merraim Webster unabridged....., coffee names from - http://www.sweetmarias.com/prod.greencoffee.mvc.shtml)

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home