Thursday, November 03, 2005


I Won't Be Drunk On Saturday...

...not that I'm anticipating, anyway. Last Saturday was enough for me for a long, long time.

Still, I shall be halfway, kind-of participating in the National Drunken Writing Night. Stennie's doing it in earnest, as are several others.

And here's my plan:

See, I wanted to participate since I first heard about it on Stennie's blog. And I planned to. But as I said above, the events of Saturday last just left me unable to fathom getting drunk again. My liver can't take it, my psyche can't take it.

And so I did something smart, even though it's not exactly conforming with the given rules of the NaDruWriNi.

Last Saturday night, when I was potted out of my mind, unable to sleep, and alone (Mr M toodled off to bed early), I wrote a blog. I wrote and wrote till I finished, then took the blog, crumpled it up into a little ball, and put it in my overnight bag. Where it sits to this day.

On this coming Saturday, I'm going to take it out and publish it, ver batim, and believe me, folks, this is a scary thought to me, because I can't remember a lot of what's in it.

Anyway, that way I figure I can publish a drunken blog without being actually drunk.

Now, I know this isn't going to please the NaDruWriNi people. I don't care. I don't know them, and I didn't sign an application or anything, so I figure I can do it the way I damn well please. Anyway, in looking over the rules, I'm not really doing anything too sinister. It says I have to tell you what I'm drinking, which I can, and I can't post-edit, which I have no plans to do anyway. I'll publish in all my slurred glory.

So there. Stay tuned.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Vacation is over. Have to go back to work tomorrow. That alone might encourage me to drink Saturday against my better thoughts.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

This sounds intruiging. I can't wait!

Hopefully it will be more than "man, I'm sooooooo wasted. Fghlshyyyyy. Memomomomomommmy! hahahahahahahahaha" Although that could be interesting too.

11:47 PM  
Blogger stennie said...

What time can we be expecting your NaDruWriNi blog? I can't wait to read it.

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home