Tuesday, November 15, 2005

I've Been Everywhere, Man. Well, Not Exactly.

OK, it's been going around. Stennie did one. Jellybean. Krizzer. And now I'm going to do mine.

The "States I've Been To" Meme!

First of all I have to be up front here and tell you I didn't use the html code to upload this. The size of the picture is grotesque. So I saved mine into a file and played with the size. But I'll still give the links so you yourself can go do your own version.

So here it is...

Where I've Been



(create your own visited states map)

Now, as I look at this map, something strikes me as a bit odd. Umm, a little bottom-heavy, right? I promise you I don't have anything against The North, really I don't.

I was going to do the "world" version of this as well, but it was quite depressing, as I've only been to two countries outside of the US.

You know, if my plan to get rid of the more useless states (see August 4, 2005 blog) ever comes to fruition and all those upper states really do get sold to Canada, I think I could pretty much have completed a clean sweep.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Acrowinners, we have acrowinners. And so, where did all those black eyes come from?
- Runner-Up goes to Kellie, with her "Nevin arrogantly ran right. Wooden Santa." Ouch.
- And this week's winner - well, it's winners, actually. A flat-out tie, two so good I couldn't decide between them. LilyG's "Needed a roaster. Rushed Williams-Sonoma." Wow, the nice picture that conjures up. And Mike's "Never ask Rene Russo, "Why Scientology?" Yep, I'd say that could be dangerous. And she seems the type to really be able to throw a punch, too.
- Thanks to all who played!
* By the way, as for my own self...no black eye today. I was almost disappointed.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

truncated but appreciative applause

Blogger won't allow brackets, dammit.

1:40 PM  
Blogger stennie said...

So what've you got against Jersey? Your map looks like you drew a line at a certain parallel and said "No farther north."

I didn't bother with the country one because it would basically just be North America.

BTW, I am getting pop-ups from your blog, and I think it's your nedstat code that's generating it. Bastards.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

I however, had another theory proven correctly -- I have been to more countries than I have states, and that's including some rather hinky definition of states, like Washington DC. I know a lot of people in DC who will get very vocal about that misnomer...

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home