Sunday, November 06, 2005

Picture Sunday

Ahhh, Sunday. Sunday's almost over. Now it's back to the workweek. I don't like the workweek.

Well, last night, quite soberly, I published my drunken blog. And in the spirit of drunken blogging, although I'm still as sober as a judge (although I know a judge who was arrested for drunken driving, but I really am as sober as they come), I'm going to give you for this Picture Sunday, another round of - Stuff On My Head!

Help! There's a rabbit on my head!



That little fella's name is Livingston. I didn't name him, Boyd's Bears named him. He looks quite sullen, so he fits in well here at The Pod.

And now! Ayeeeee! The Llama! The llama, which has a beak for eating honey, and swims in the sea! The Llama!



I just want you to know that I've had that llama for a long time, and he's really dirty. I hope I don't catch something putting him on my head.

And speaking of interesting animals - Help! There's an anteater upon my head!



Really. I am sober. I promise.

Let's give this next one the caption of an old Gary Larson cartoon. "Now there's a little hat."



All right, so it's Sherman's hat. It's his gardening hat. He said it was OK.

And now, this one is for one person and one person only. Michelle, this one's just for you. "Whenever there was a call for help - help!help!...."



And now it's time for that very bewitching part of Sunday, the recipe du jour. Well, folks, we're at the end of another card set, and we only have one more to go (and I'm still forever in gratitude for Jellybean for these last sets I've been able to publish). As in keeping with the "Opening Cards" of each set, this one's a bore. It's - a salad. *yawn!*



So there you go. It's a nice looking salad, I'll give them that. I like the fact that it has olives. I like olives in my salad. The back of the card tells us what fruits are available in what months. Let's see, November? Coconuts, cranberries, grapefruit, grapes, limes, papayas, persimmons, pineapples, pomegranates, tangelos, and tangerines. So there. Go get you some of those.

But really, now. Do these card people really care about you the viewer? Of course they don't. Because if they did, they'd have done this with their salad.



Yeah. I care.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Went to see "Good Night And Good Luck" today. At a real theater! It was mighty fine, two hours in a darkened room with David Strathairn and George Clooney. If they'd have just thrown in Alan Arkin as Bill Paley, I might have exploded right there in The Lyric.
* If anyone has anything they'd like to see me put on my head, just let me know and I'll see what I can work out.
* I think my little hat may be on backwards.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

MY HERO! He's so lovely perched up there.

I would like to see two musical instruments on your head, please. And no, none of them can be Mr. M's butt, musical as it may be.

11:54 PM  
Blogger Flipsycab said...

I would like to see Orange Crapius on your head.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

Lady in hat -- you're ready for the movies!

I'm sorry, but that salad looks scary. It looks like there's weird spiny shrimp in the middle. Is that bacon wrapped around something? The salad on your head looks much better, even if I have to eat it off of your head.

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home