Sunday, November 27, 2005

Picture Sunday

So, did we all eat, shop, rest, watch football, and all those other things we were supposed to do this weekend? I did, I did! And guess what? You're about to see it in this week's Oh-Boy-Oh-Boy-It's-Time-For-It-Again edition of Picture Sunday.

As I mentioned before, Thanksgiving was at Mr M's, and it was a fun day. There were clarinet duets, movies, cooking, eating, lazing about, coffee drinking, and not nary an argument. Well, except those duetting fights - I don't even count them anymore. The turkey was great, Mr M's first-ever attempt at making stuffing rocked (I mean, it rocked - as good as my mom's), the pumpkin pie was enjoyed, and everyone was happy. Everyone.



There's the gang awaiting dinner. Gossamer's already preparing for dessert.

Huckleberry went mad for the taters, as he calls them.



Of course, my boy Sherman had something else on his mind. In fact, he and Mr M had to fight over the last piece. I won't tell who won, but it sure is nice making something that people fight over.



Oh, and Lily really enjoyed the turkey.



Please don't ask me why Lily is so unkempt. She's just a very loved little girl, that's all I can say. I love her, the boys love her, Gossamer really loves her, and she's been around the world and back. It's really not my fault she can't bathe or fix her hair. Really.

So, that was Thanksgiving at Chez M, aka Poderosa East. Friday was Sloth Day for me, did absolutely nothing, but Saturday was jam-packed full of fun.

I went to the Hokie game with my sister, brother-in-law, and the nephie. Oh, and Sherman. Sherman, who made lots of friends. I swear, that boy just spreads sunshine wherever he goes.

First of all, he made friends with the folks who were tailgating beside of us. Now, I'm saving these pictures, I think, for as was explained to me only last night, it could be a long winter and I may need more Picture Sunday fodder in the future. Yeah, like maybe next week. Anyway, the people in the next slot took to Sherman quite a bit. Quite a bit, I tell you.

Then, without benefit of a ticket, for as a celebrity he gets all kinds of perks like that, Sherman joined us in the stadium to watch the Hokies win over UNC 30-3. It was cold to be sure, but people warmed up to my little fella, even rubbing his head, going on the theory that it's good luck to rub the head of a red-headed boy. And so it must be! Here's S watching the Hokies getting ready to score a touchdown. Everybody! Gooooo Hokies!



However. We all know why Sherman wanted to go to the game. Yep, to see the bands. And boy, did he love the Marching Virginians, one of the best college bands in the country.



And a good time was had by all. You know, it was suggested to me that Sherman is my very own version of Flat Stanley, and you know what else? I guess in a way he is.

And now Thanksgiving weekend is all but over. And are you sick of turkey? Stuffing? Swear you'll never want it again? Well, look at this and think again. You could be forced to eat this week's recipe du jour, Shepherds Pie.



You know, back when I had doggies, there was this certain food I'd buy for them. It was made by Pedigree, and it looked very good, had hunks of meat, potatoes, carrots, peas - I swore one day I'd try some for myself, though of course I never did. And add a couple of mushrooms to that dog food, and I swear you'd have the filling of this dish. So I have a certain fondness of it. Well, to a point. The smooshed up sweet potatoes piped through a bag around the edge kind of ruins it all. I don't think even Bill and The Petster would have wanted that.

The card says we're to have this with peas and onions (well, actually "green peas and onions," though I don't know many other colors of peas, except maybe black-eyed peas, but I don't consider those peas, and anyway, I'm drifting here), apple sauce, and chocolate cake. Chocolate cake! Chocolate Cake!

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* And folks - an olympic update it is! It all started this morning, when I heard some decidedly strange sounds outside. I had to take a peek. I got so excited I almost peed myself, but tried to keep my emotions in check. But the outward movement continued throughout the day, and at about 5pm, this appeared at the House To The North:



OUR LONG NATIONAL NIGHTMARE IS OVER! Thanks to all who listened to my constant whining these past few months. Oh, and yeah. Now I get to worry about who moves in next.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

Your dinner looked nummy. Shepherd's Pie with an orange top.... just, no. Although you can say the sweet potato variation puts it ahead of its time -- a "reinterpretation of a classic".

And that SO is dog food.

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home