Monday, December 12, 2005

Acrochallenge!

Hello, my friends. Because really, let's face it, if you're here, well, you must be. It's Monday, and you know what that means - another put-on-your-letterhats-and-let-the-good-times-roll round of acromania.

I had an interesting occurrence Thursday. I mean, it was wasn't earth-shattering, it was just one of those things that make you tilt your head and grin.

It was my afternoon off, and I'd worked (really, I'd worked) on some things, things that entailed completely turning my house upside down then back rightside up again. It was cold and windy and for most of the day and evening I'd been listening to the wind whistle and the ice whap-whap-whap upon my window. Then it got to be about 7pm and for some reason I had my head in the closet of my bedroom. And I was still listening to whistle-whistle, whap-whap, when all of a sudden the whapping got louder. And lower. And it went from whapping to something approaching a big bass drum.

"Wow," I thought. "That doesn't sound right." Then all of a sudden, *Ta-Daaaa!* Up started a band playing Christmas Carols. And then it hit me. For my fifth Christmas since moving into the Poderosa, the Christmas Parade was parading right in front of my house.

This is a definite plus of living on the street that leads into town. In the past I've gotten a lawn chair and sat out on the porch waving at people and having candy hurled in my general direction. But this year it was way too cold and windy (Taytie marched in the band wearing ski goggles to protect his eyes), so I waved at people from the inside window.

And so it's time for this week's acrotopic. It's time for the big Holiday Parade in Betland, and there are bands and floats galore. And you're all float entries in my parade. And so, "What Is Your Big Holiday Float In My Parade?"

All the other rules are the same. Everyone gets three entries to come up with the best acronym they can that not only matches the topic above, but also the letters below, which are randomly drawn from the acrobasket. The acrobasket's zipping along in the parade on wheels, with a Shriner sitting in him. It's not pleasant. Then at 10pm est tomorrow night I shall be reading the entries and naming the winners, who of course will receive a gift certificate for $2.50, redeemable at any of the shopping areas of Betland. Losers get to spend next Christmas on a float with Mr Snake.

So the topic, "What Is Your Big Holiday Float In My Parade?" The letters:

F A Z N I R

And now, get out there and wave! And throw me candy!

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Laundry, laundry, laundry.
* I tried something different tonight. Please tell me if Betland's still giving you popups. I fear it might, and I fear Stenns may have been right about the culprit.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

Franny and Zooey Naked! (It's relative)

Frosty and zesty nymphs in repose.

Flying acrobats, zipping naughtily into roses.

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fired-up atheists zealously noogying inebriated Rudolph

10:25 PM  
Blogger Flipsycab said...

"What Is Your Big Holiday Float In My Parade?"

F A Z N I R

Fantastical angels zipping nigh in robes.

Follywongs and zingleberries, noozlesnogs in rows.

Famous actress Zellwegger. Name is Renee.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home