Monday, December 19, 2005

Acrochallenge!

OK, before we start, apologies for the lack of Picture Sunday. Yesterday was just a long day. Up early to make the first concert, the church one, which was at 10:30. Got through that one fairly well, then made it to B'burg just in time to play concert two with the Community Band at 4:00. And, yes, logistically I could have gotten a Picture Sunday together, but seeing as how I just had one photo and was quickly losing the will to live, or at least the will to stay awake, I gave it a pass.

But to make it up to you, I'll show you a picture of My Boy is his new hat. It was a present from his pen-friend Achmed.



You just can't beat a fez for style. That's what Achmed says, anyway.

This will be our last round of acromania before Christmas, so of course our acro will have to be holiday-themed. This week's acrotopic will be about Halloween.

You know, I'm sick of coming up with Christmas acros, no matter how you re-word them they always lead to the same thing. So I've decided that this week, let's make it Friday, give you all time to get here, I'm going to have a Halloween party. Sherman's already unearthed his Shermula costume, and Mr P is going as, well, I'm not sure, but he has silk knee-pants and one of those Restoration air-filters around his neck. Huckleberry Hound is coming as Quick Draw McGraw, he thinks that's the funniest joke in history, Mr Peanut has some sort of Zorro costume he's working on, Lily's coming as a little girl who had a hole bitten in her midsection, and Gossamer's coming as a monster. Not a lot of imagination in his head, you know. But he is bringing cookies, so that's good, unless like last party they're all half-eaten.

This week's acrotopic is "What Are You Coming As To My Big Christmas Halloween Bash?"

You know the rules. Everyone gets three entries to come up with the best acronym they can that not only matches the topic above, but the letters below, which are randomly drawn from the acrobasket. The acrobasket is turning himself upside-down and going as a fashionable wicker hat. Then at 10pm est tomorrow night, I shall be reading your entries and naming the winners. The winners get the last of my Halloween candy, which I took to work to put in the freebie basket, but it was already filled with candy canes. Losers get squat. Absolutely squat. Now if that's not an incentive to work on your acro, I don't know what is.

So, this week's acrotopic: What Are You Coming As To My Big Christmas Halloween Bash?" The letters:

H I U A

There you go. Now, stop wrapping, start making up, and acro.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Did you know the acrobasket has children? I sure didn't, till he was complaining the other night about paying child support. Apparently he has two birds' nests (the twins) and a ring box.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

This week's is hard, so I'm going to write a story of my visit to your party instead:

Hi! I'm unusually active. Have INTENSE uniform -- angel. Hmmm. I'll undress afterwards.

9:35 PM  
Blogger Linda Shippert said...

Hulaing ingenue under acrobasket

Happy idiot ululating annoyingly

Hirsute, indigent, ugly alcoholic

11:48 PM  
Blogger stennie said...

H I U A

At first I read the acrotopic wrong and thought it was "Are You Coming To my Big Halloween Christmas Bash?" to which my response was:

Hell, I undoubtedly am!

But that doesn't count, does it?

1. Hermey, in ugly angora.
2. Hell's inebriated undressed Angel
3. Hitler in underwear - Ach!

12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hannuka Ivan. Ugly Arrangement.
Hippos In Underthings! Amazing!
Happy Isabella Under Apples.

9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make that Hanukkah!?

9:25 PM  
Blogger Bet said...

These were messengered to me by DeepFatFriar at 6:30 this evening:

Howling Inuit Unitarian Atheist.
Hunchbacked inebriated uptown artiste.
Hairless immature unisex alien

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home