Sunday, December 11, 2005

Picture Sunday

Well. End of a very short and extremely busy weekend, and now it's that very bewitching time of evening, time for me to post up some pictures and get you a Picture Sunday.

Friday, it happened. It started during lunch, when I went out looking and finally found a fake tree I thought I might be able to live with. I came back to work and agonized over it for another five or so hours till finally the girls at work got sick of me and said, "Just go! Go right now, right after work, and buy the damn thing." And so I did.

I had no intentions of getting it out and putting it up Friday night, but I couldn't help myself, so I did. And it was all working so well I went ahead and unearthed the Christmas ornaments and made an actual evening of it. And you know what? It was fun, too. It was fun, trimming my fake tree, drinking coffee, watching a really bad Alan F movie on TV, and after it was all over I got to sit back in the Comfy Chair and look at my finished product. And I was happy.



There's the Rudolph gang saying hello underneath. Except of course, The Bumble. He has a special job every year. And here he is, hanging on for dear life.



Looky what he can do! (You know, I haven't watched "Rudolph" yet this year. Add that to my "to do" list.)

So, the tree is up and the living room's looking mighty Christmasy. That doesn't mean, however, that I've done that other stuff I need to do. Check out my video plunder.



Sad thing is, I'm kind of running out of room to put all those. I need more shelving, man!

So yesterday it was out to shop, with the girls from work, and then we went out to have dinner at one of my favorite restaurants, where I had two martinis and was pretty much useless for the remainder of the evening. Then it was more shopping today, where I spent way too much money way too fast, and now I only have two presents left to buy. So I guess I'd call that a success.

Then back home and tonight I had to go to Church Practice. Yes, some of us have to practice going to church these days, and I'm one of them. No, not really. It was the first practice for the Christmas musical thingie one of the local churches does that I get roped into playing for every year because it's put on by my old band director. It was a mess tonight. I'd explain more fully if I had the strength, but I don't. So just believe me. It was a mess.

And speaking of messes (sorry, I just couldn't pass up an opportunity as good as that one), how about this week's recipe du jour! The Card calls it Sausages and Spanish Rice, but I lovingly refer to it as March of the Penises!



Bum, bum, bum, bum, here they come, here they come, marching to your town, over rice, over peas, they're greasy and they're brown, they're penises! Penises! Marching over rice and peas, penises! Penises! Have you ever seen uglier penises than these! Hey!

Anyway, this is a disgusting little number, there's no denying it, and Mr Card says we should have this dish with fried zucchini (let's just make it a whole phallic-themed dinner, shan't we?), poached pears, and a salad with blue cheese dressing. Well. I don't like blue cheese dressing, so there. I'm having Italian. Oh, sorry. House vinaigrette.

Happy Week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Shout-out to the nephew, who got 4th chair symphonic drums at the All-District Band tryouts this weekend.
* I almost bought a pair of Hanukah socks today.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the image of Chanukah socks: toes for each of the eight candles plus one for the one in the middle that lights the others. Is there a saw and suture kit in the package for sawing off your extra big toe?

esp

11:34 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Thank you for NOT buying the Chanukah socks! Really, THANK you!

You had me howling over the March of the Penises - penises marching over rice and peas!

The whole dish sounds disgusting. Down RIGHT disgusting.

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bet,
The tree looks great! Mine is still in the box waiting for Anna until the 17th. Sigh. Merry Christmas!

Mary

6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home