Thursday, December 22, 2005

What A Buck-Fifty Will Do For Your Christmas Spirit

Yes, folks, I'm going to tell you this. I have to tell you today, because with me, well, you just don't know what tomorrow will bring, so I have to tell you while it's still accurate.

This morning, on an off-chance, I weighed myself. I have currently lost exactly 150 pounds.

It's been a long time in coming, especially the last seven pounds. And it felt good.

It felt so good, in fact, that I found myself doing things today I would never have imagined. I spent all morning at TheCompanyIWorkFor doing about 2% TheCompanyIWorkFor stuff and the other 98% doing fun "me" stuff. Some of that "me" stuff was looking at recipes online. I found a vegetarian chili recipe and an apple walnut cake recipe.

I also made a wonderful discovery. See, it seemed that for a period of time my "old blog" (the one linked over there in my archives) was a mass of html code, lost forever. My Barbie blogs, lost forever, my "To Kill A Mockingbird: The Musical" blog, lost forever, my "It was hot and I got drunk" blog, well, ditto. Today, they all seem to be back there safe and sound. Which was good in and of itself, but especially good since I needed a couple of those blogs (for something I'll tell you about at a later time).

My last Christmas gift arrived, via FedEx, so as far as I know no one will be left out on Christmas morning.

On my afternoon off, I got myself to the grocery and started a massive shopping spree. Ended up spending almost $150, in fact $4 less than my weight loss to this point. I got stuff for the chili, baking stuff, and regular food necessities. Then I went by the liquor store for Goldschlager and stocking stuffers (when you're in my family, alcoholic stocking stuffers are just way too easy), then it was home to unload and get into action.

While I wrapped presents, I started on pumpkin pies. I made two. Then I started up on the cake, and while it was in the oven I had at the chili.

Now as the night's winding down, it's all done except one last little punkin pie. It's in the oven as we speak.

Sherman told me to tell you he got all A's on his midterm exams, and Mr Peanut is still alcohol-free.

Sometimes it's just good to be in Betland.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* The dishy Michelle was right - a Security Update is in order. The Betland Security Update has been changed to "Giggly."
* Anyone want a pumpkin pie?

3 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

Yay you! You now have me beat by a full 50 pounds. Congrats.

Punkin pie sounds lovely -- I'll smell it from here.

And FYI, you're still popping up on my parents' Mac. You're popping up all over! That just means you like us...

1:18 PM  
Blogger stennie said...

I'd like some pie, please! And congratulations, babe!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Linda Shippert said...

COngratulations! Hurray for feeling giggly!

1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home