Monday, January 30, 2006

Acrochallenge!

Hello, you Monday lovers of all things lettery. You happy, dwindling few, you band of brothers. And welcome to another put-your-hands-over-your-eyes-to-shield-yourself-from-the-raw-excitement round of acromania.

Well. We have something a little different for you tonight. I figure if acro's going to die, at least I'm going to send it out in a blaze of glory.

See, Friday night Mr M was down at The Pod. And sort of kind of out of the blue, he announced that there needed to be a car called the Nissan Exfoliator. Which is true, there should be. But you know us. We can't just let anything be a good one-off idea, we had to take it to extremes, and so we came up with a list of other cars that are dying to be manufactured. And they are:

The...
Nissan Exfoliator
Toyota Landslide
Ford Erosion
Dodge Dementia
Volkswagen Pollen
Mercury Premonition
Peugeot Cul de Sac
Hyundai Belch
Chevrolet Kumquat
Mitsubishi Oregano
Honda Fissure
Isuzu Infant
Buick Evangelist
Kia Agent
Subaru Treadwell (good for taking out to live with grizzlies)

And the list is endless. Or I hope it is, anyway, because that's what this week's acro is all about. I'm going to give you three car makers, and three letters. And it will be up to you to give those cars a name with your appointed letter. So I guess the easy name for the acro would be "Car Names."

Now, here's where we deviate a bit from the rules. Everyone has their three entries, but ye shall be judged on all three as a group. Whoever has the best grouping of car names will be named the winner. I guess the other rules are the same, blah blah blah, randomly drawn from the acrobasket, who doesn't have a driver's license and gets carsick anyway, blah blah blah, judging begins at 10pm est tomorrow night, blah blah blah, winners will get a car named in their honor and losers will get run over by a car, possibly with me driving, blah blah blah.

So this week's topic is "Car Names." The letters:

The Toyota H
The Dodge E
The Subaru S

So there you go. Get in your autos for inspiration, if you need, but get in there and make me proud with an acro.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Remember that big two-part blog I promised for this week? I haven't started it yet. I'm so good.
* However, the Winter Olympics are soon upon us. If I end up not watching much of them, I'm going to make up Olympic news stories, just for the hell of it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Flipsycab said...

The Toyota Hiroshima
The Dodge EXTREME!!!!
The Subaru Slapteeback

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Toyota Humidifier
The Dodge Erotica
The Subaru Seizure

10:17 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

Damn, Flipsy won already, but I'll gamely play anyway.

The Toyota Hematoma
The Dodge Effluvia
The Subaru Sputterer

And I will be on the road for most of the Olympics, so I shall be relying upon your updates so I can have valid information about the games. I wouldn't want to get the wrong impression about the Olympics, now would I?

10:41 PM  
Blogger stennie said...

The Toyota Hellraiser
The Dodge Ectoplasm
The Subaru Shit-for-Brains

The Kia Agent is actually a pretty good name for one of their small sedans; I wouldn't be surprised if they stole that one from you.

2:02 AM  
Blogger Bet said...

This just messaged from DeepFatFriar:

The Toyota Handjob
The Dodge Egasm
The Subaru Sexess

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Toyota Hiyah
The Dodge Eat-my-dust
The Subaru Shooter

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home