Thursday, January 19, 2006

Happy Birthday

Taylor, Taytie, TayMac, DJTaytieMac, Tayter Tot, Taybird...

My dear nephew turned 17 today. My, how time flies.

He's now into snowboarding big-time. And music, still, still hammering away with the Stetsons, and in the band, and running cross-country, and trying very hard to live up to all the pressures his parents put on him.

He also, a few weeks ago, wanted me to check out his "MySpace" site. And not mention to his parents he has one. Nothing the least bit offensive on it, but I think he just needs that private space away. I'll quote his description of himself from the page:

About me:
Junior at GHS, love taking bubble baths and long walks on the beach but, uhh. Yeah I play drums,guitar,baseball,and run cross country, and I love music and I never really get too worked up over anything..just gotta go with the flow....

And that about sums him up. He goes with the flow.

Taylor, Taytie, Tay, Tay-Tay, Taybird, whatever his nickname from whoever knows him, he's still the same great kid. Happy Birthday, little TaytieMac.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Finally finished the "Up" movie series tonight. Had no idea that I actually had not seen the last two. I just thought I hadn't seen the last one. And by the way, where was Peter? He just disappeared at 35 and was never heard from (or mentioned) again. Hope he didn't die. Not that he was that interesting anyway....

2 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

Yo, yo, yo, yo. It's DJTaytieMac's b'day. Word!

And he can't be that old. Because if he is, that means we're..naaaaah. He's nice and eight years old now. This seventeen stuff is a big lie.

7:18 PM  
Blogger stennie said...

Happy Birthday Tay, and you left out my favorite nickname for him -- Tayter Tot. I feel like I know him from your stories, Bet.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home