Sunday, January 22, 2006

Picture Sunday

Hello, End Of Weekenders. Time for another brief Picture Sunday.

It was a pretty slow weekend. Sometimes a slow weekend is good. Had a Friday Chill, complete with coffee and movie, then hung around the Poderosa most of Saturday before heading out to B'burg.

Once there it was clarinet duets for a while, then nachos and movies. Actually it was movie, nachos, and movie.

Then today it was some more clarinetting, another movie (this one at the theater), and then dinner and home.

Please. Try not to faint.

Only one picture tonight, and it's from my little red-headed boy. He wanted to show you all the present Peabody gave him this week - an Etch-a-Sketch. Here he is taking a rest in my clarinet case after drawing a picture of his dad...



If you'll look very closely, and especially if you have a magnifying glass, you'll see that that actually is a picture of Peabody he's drawn.

And that's it for pictures. I had plans, big plans, but I forgot to tote my camera along with me when I went into B'burg for the movie today. I'm a bad person. I'll let you down, given the chance. I'm not the guy to run with. I'll break you and destroy you. I'm King Midas in reverse. Oh, sorry. I started living out a Hollies song there for a minute.

Anyone still holding onto those "I'm gonna lose weight" resolutions from New Year's? Well, I certainly hope so, because tonight's recipe du jour is from the old "Weight Control" file in Cardland. And it's - Baked Eggplant a la Grecque.



It's Eggplant Boats! It's Crap Thrown Into An Eggplant And Plopped Down Onto Some Green Stuff! It's Yellow! It's Grecque! Grecque? What exactly is Grecque, anyway, and how special does one have to be to stop being Greek and become Grecque? That's what I wanna know. I also wanna know what's in this thing.

OK, we've got lamb. Onion. Green pepper. Pimiento. And everyone's favorite, monosodium glutamate. You know, just last night when Mr M asked what I wanted for dinner, I remember replying, "I don't care, as long as there's monosodium glutamate in it."

So anyway, you throw all that crap into an eggplant, plop it on something green, fancy up some fruit, and you've got a dinner that your family will love you for forever. Or at least until they start rummaging around for the cookies, which will probably be about 4 minutes after dinner. So much for weight control.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Mr M and I watched what may be one of the weirder documentaries of the last, oh, 50 or so years, "Grizzly Man." I may blog about it if I can find out where exactly to start, but it did prove one thing beyond a shadow of a doubt. Bears do in fact shit in the woods.

2 Comments:

Blogger stennie said...

It should be called Eggplant a la Yechhh.

12:32 AM  
Blogger Lily said...

Yeah, I make a mean stuffed eggplant, and it doesn't look remotely like that. Why is everything round and glistening? I don't see canuba wax on the ingredient list.

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home