Sunday, February 05, 2006

Picture Sunday

Hello, hello, I almost didn't do it, but here it is. Another round of Picture Sunday for your tired eyes.

I had no pictures for tonight, I left for B'burg again with no camera, you've seen Sherman in every hat he owns, and, well, I'm running out of steam here. So I decided we'd do an all-food PS.

So welcome to The All-Ugly Food Edition of Picture Sunday.

First of all, let's look at a recipe from the book given to me by my buddy ESP. This would be the book where I got the picture of the Minstrel Bunnies from a while back. And how could anyone pass up this little number, called the Dish of Dirt?



Well, now, who doesn't want a nice dish of dirt? And isn't it quaint, you've got your dirt there, which is some crushed up Oreos, and your little sun umbrella, and the gummy worm popping out of said dirt is just divine, but why the blob of whipped cream? What the hell is that supposed to represent? I may have dirt in my back yard, and even worms, though I'd prefer not to think about it, but I don't have a big blob of white Cool-Whippy stuff out there. That's just dumb, and ruins the whole dish for me.

Next, let's look at something from a collection of Italian recipes I found and thought I might be able to use in Picture Sunday. Unfortunately, most of them look like real food and are therefore completely useless. Except for this little number, the Neopolitan Salad.



Now, I include this in tonight's blog for one reason and one reason only. I haven't even checked to see what's in it, but it looks exactly like the large amount of yak that was left in the toilet bowl after I heaved up my entire dinner last night. Mine was chicken and potato salad - let's see how close I was.

Nope. Cauliflower, anchovies, black olives, capers. Not even close. I guess once everything gets semi-digested it all looks alike. Anyway, with anchovies and black olives, I have a feeling this one would become yak soon enough with me.

And now, let's get to the recipe du jour. It's certainly a lot happier than Neopolitan Yak Salad, and much more sophisticated than a Dish of Dirt. Let's say hello to not one, not two, but three Pineapple Salads!



Well, well, well, well, well. That is festive, isn't it? Nothing says "party down" like a quarter of pineapple with the top left on it, and some strawberries crammed into its side. Then, right behind that we have the Pineapple Viking Ship, getting ready to sail into your home to rape and plunder. And at the back? Well, let's just forget that one. It's just a bowl of fuckin' fruit in a pineapple shell.

Anyway, there you go. Pineapple for everybody.

Happy Week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* I watched the Super Bowl. I used to love the Steelers. And I'm happy they won. But you know, I can remember when I actually used to care about such things. I only watched it with one eye this year. And in case you didn't know, the Rolling Stones are really old. During "Start Me Up," Mick was prancing around and was breathing so hard you couldn't hear what he was singing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Maybe the whipped cream is snow? You're right. This is truly ugly food. Gross. I mean, I like strawberries and I like oreos and I like black olives. But what has been done to these things - inexcusable.

Thank you for taking the time to put up some gross recipies to laugh at!

10:21 PM  
Blogger stennie said...

You know what, I have had that "dish of dirt" stuff before and it's quite good. The Yak and the pineapple things are icky looking.

2:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home