Sunday, February 12, 2006

Picture Sunday

Picture Sunday, Picture Sunday, Picture Sunday. See, it happens on Sunday, and it has pictures! So I call it Picture Sunday! Isn't that a laff-riot?!

Well, here I am in the mountains of Virginia, so I guess you all know what I encountered this weekend. No, not toothless hillbillies, well, I'm sure I encountered some of those here and there, I mean, I did leave my house, but what I meant was snow. Yes, we were smack-dab in the middle of the big Eastern snow storm, and we got our share of fluffy fallout. I loved it.

It didn't keep me from heading out to B'burg yesterday, though, brave soul that I am. And it also afforded me my first picture for tonight. Someone was very quick with their snowman building, because this little beauty was up by about 4pm in B'burg. He's very dashing.



And so it was snowy and a good day to stay indoors and play. Which is what Mr M and I did. I finally convinced him to get out the Christmas present Sherman gave him, the K'nex rollercoaster. Boy, I've never played with that K'nex stuff before - that's not for kids! You have to be a fuckin' genius to do those things. We got the first part of the tower up and things started slowing to a crawl. Finally I said to Mr M, "Are you getting tired of this yet?" and he answered, "Yes," and so we left our tower to be completed at a later time. But not before getting a picture of Sherman observing the building process.



No, btw, Sherman has not been amputated. He just has his leg stuck down in that tube. Anyway, before it was all over with he couldn't resist the urge to jump into all the connector pieces. Those wicked little connector pieces.



The orange lighter didn't come with the set. It comes with Poderosa East, Mr M's house.

And now it's time for a very festive recipe du jour. The it's-a-party-every-time Green Pepper Round Steak.



Well, it's red. And it's got - oh my God! It's got red monster blobs in it! It's "The Return of the Red Monster Blobs!" "Red Monster Blobs, The Sequel!" "The Revenge of the Red Monster Blobs!" And there's way too much rice, and look how symmetrical the rice is, there are pieces sticking out diagonally all around the damn plate. Ohhhh. I think the plate is striped. Good. I was thinking, "That is one anal mom."

The pie is nice, I'll bet it's apple, let's check the card. Nope, wrong. Peach. But my favorite is the chicken napkin holder. If I could find a chicken to hold my napkins, I surely would do so. After all, my kitchen is called The Egg.

Happy week.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Well, sucky day for the US. Let's see, Michelle Kwan had to say goodbye, we had a luger who was a loser (sorry, I couldn't resist that, even though 4th was a very respectable place to be), we reek at cross-country skiing, Mr Ohno ("oh, no!" who wants to bet that'll be the headline tomorrow) failed in his first attempt, let's just give up and withdraw from the games. That's what I'd do, anyway.
* First nominee for weird story: a man with a German name (Werner Hoeger) living in Boise, ID, who's 52 years old, is competing in the luge. For Venezuela. I'll bet he didn't win, either. Something just tells me....
* Bronze medal in the biathalon, or at least the shooting portion: Dick Cheney.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - I can't wait to see the Knex roller coaster finished! By the way - it is such fun to have Olympic Olympic updates.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Wow. Have you really been doing the Olympic Updates for two years?!

Such beautiful snow. I wish we had some.

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home