Friday, February 24, 2006

US WINS CURLING BRONZE MEDAL!

Yes, in what has become for me the most thrilling moment of these here Olympics, the US Curling Team took the bronze medal, the first medal ever for the US in curling.

According to myway.com

Pete Fenson wanted the curling bronze medal to come down to the final shot, and he was ready to take it.

The US skip bent his rock into the target area, where it came to rest inside of Britain's best hope and clinched the Americans' first-ever Olympic curling medal. Only then did the usually stone-faced Fenson break into a grin and raise his broom in victory.

I love it. In what other sport do you raise your broom in victory? None, that's what other sport. Take that.

In the words of my brother-in-law, who also got the curling bug this Olympics, "I think I could do curling. It's basically just grown-up marbles."

Fenson, by the way, in his "regular life," owns a pizzeria. Free pizza for everyone!

Hmmm. They seem to be called "rocks." I'm still calling them "tea kettles."

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Women's figure skating. Zzzzzzzzzz. Anymore, all figure skating. Zzzzzzzzzzz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home