Monday, March 20, 2006

Acrochallenge!

Hello to all, and welcome to another round of that brainteasing bundle of beguilishness known as acromania.

I have an embouchure. I mention this, well, I mention it for two reasons. One is because I always seem to be talking about it and how it bedevils me when I try to play the clarinet. The other is that the dishy Michelle left a comment the other day asking, "What is an embouchure?"

I answered that it's how one's mouth grips the clarinet, and mine is normally weak and wrong. That's kind of a gloss-over answer, though. Let's go to the dictionary. "The position and use of the lips, tongue, and teeth in playing a wind instrument." Well, maybe I didn't gloss it over as badly as I thought I did.

Anyway, Mr M says, "Practice, practice, practice. Play long tones." Then again, that's his answer to everything. If I told Mr M my left big toe was hanging by a single thread of skin, his advice to me would be, "Practice, practice, practice. Play long tones." And frankly, that's the hard way out.

So I'm looking for the easy way out. This week's acroptic is, "How Can I Improve My Embouchure?" You can give me any suggestions you like. "More kissing," I'd like that one, "Ben-Gay on the lower lip," "Forget it and give up your horn." Whatever you like, provided, of course, it matches the letters.

All other rules are the same. Everyone gets three entries to come up with the best acronym they can that not only matches the topic above, but also the letters below, which are randomly drawn from the acrobasket. The acrobasket is a percussion player, he wouldn't know an embouchure if it slapped him in the face. Then at 10pm est tomorrow night, I shall be looking over the entries and naming the winners, who will get a brand-new tube of Chapstick, and the non-winners, who will get to listen to me play the clarinet for at least an hour, depending on the badness - or lack, remember this! - of their acronyms.

So, the topic is, "How Can I Improve My Embouchure?" The letters:

N A L M O F

Now, stop pursing your lips and acro.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* More cleaning. Two loads of laundry, vacuuming, air spraying, then some exercise, and tonight it's, "Practice, practice, practice." Maybe no long tones, though. I hate long tones.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

Never allowing little men overt familiarity

Now attempt lipping, mouthing oboe, feverishly

(and the one I can't believe I'm about to type)
Nice and long, moist, orgasmic fellatio

8:29 PM  
Blogger Flipsycab said...

N A L M O F

Nimbly attune lips. Masticate old flutes.
Neatly align lips, mouth over fire.
Naked and liquored, munch on Fritos. (not sure how this last one would help improve embouchure but it would at least be fun)

9:04 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Damn. I can see that I've lost already, but I'll give it a go anyhow.

N A L M O F

Napalm alloy, liberally massaged, offers friction

Nudge a Latino midget, offer Fresca

Nads a lickin', mouth open, freely.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

Actually, Michelle, yours is better than mine. Although from an embrochure perspective, I'm not sure which is more beneficial.

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Need agility? Lebanese Mouth Origami. Fabulous!
Not Applying Lotion. Mouth Oiled? Futile.
Naming All Legislators. Mouth Obdurate. Fantastic!

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home