Friday, March 03, 2006

It's The End Of Stamp Week As We Know It, And I Feel Fine

Yes, Friday is here, the time I have longed for so badly this entire week. I'm home, I did all my housework last night, and so let the chilling begin. Martinis on tap, an Alan F Arkin movie, and - if my calculations are correct, not only is my CD for the CD Meme challenge done, but it all fits onto one CD. I couldn't have possibly asked for anything more.

So since there's only one more night of stamps, let's have a blow-out extravaganza. All the ones I have left are going up on the table here, half price. Clearance, it's a smoke-damaged furniture you can drive it away today sale.

Hey Stennie! Ya like penguins? Of course you do, you little cutie. How about some stamps of these web-footed little bastards at play. And why on God's green earth would I have not one, but two stamps of vacationing penguins in tourist clothes? And more importantly, why would I even have one??






I guess those pengies went to Hawaii. Or they're touring Universal Studios in Hollywood, hoping to see where "they filmed 'March of the Penguins.'" Or - maybe they're in town for the Oscars, since they're nominated this year!

Now, how about some stamps that don't even have images on them? They have - *gasp!* - words!



I used to really use that "I have nothing to say" stamp a lot. You know, word stamps can espouse a philosophy of life...



... But sometimes they can have the double-duty of espousing a philosophy of life and being great to have at work!



I need to keep that one handy.

How about two stamps that make me giggle for different reasons. The first? Well, it's just so darned cute.



See? They're fish! And they're pretending to be the Loch Ness Monster! So the joke's on us! Get it? It's funneeeeeee!

The next one makes me giggle because I guess the same kind of girl who in January watched a movie about a bear eating a man, well, 20 years ago she enjoyed a three-piece stamp set that depicted a man becoming quite ill.



So there you have it. Just a cross-section. But it was fun, for me, anyway.

Betland's Olympic Update:
* Settle an argument here and now: is it "dufus," or "doofus?"

5 Comments:

Blogger stennie said...

Doofus.

LOVE the penguins!!! Especially the tourist penguins. So cute!

I think that "IT'S NOT MY FAULT" stamp would be very handy to have at TheCompanyIWorkFor. Like, if we get a letter from a disgruntled client, I can simply stamp it "IT'S NOT MY FAULT" and pass it on to the boss.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Linda Shippert said...

I can't believe stamp week is over!

8:36 PM  
Blogger Flipsycab said...

The loch ness one made me giggle as well.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Lily said...

I always think of it as doofus. Rhymes with Goofus, of Goofus and Gallant.

12:55 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I think doofus or dufus fit the bill. Think of it like the extra "u" in the british version of "color".

Stamp week was fun! I just had no idea people were out making stamps of these things. A guy getting sick...? I would have bought that one too. I would like to use something like that on all of my work from now on, come to think of it.

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home